LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Unread 12-24-2002, 11:10 AM   #1
The Wizard
User

Post Here's A Strange (long)

I have a M1906 W+F Swiss Luger that was heavily "MODIFIED" at some point. About anch inch of the barrel was HACKED off, the safety was GROUNDED so it is a safety in name only now and crude clear plastic grips were installed (grips are pretty ugly but the pictures under them are quite interesting!). I thought great project gun for school (Gunsmithing, Trinidad State Junior College, Trinidad, Colorado). Wrote Waffenfabrik, Bern to see if they would send me the technical drawing for the barrel, grip safety aand grip panels. They wrote back saying their rules say "We do not supply drawing". Well, there are exceptions to all rules so I wrote to Federral Councilor Samuel Schmid head of the Fereral Department of Defence, Civil Protection and Sports asking for "special Permission to have copies of the required drawing released to me". Got a reply from the Division for Infantry Weapons and Ammunition stating "no drawing of sensitive weapon components are passed on to private persons or third parties". Am I missing something here? The M1906 W+F Swiss Luger has not been manfactured since 1946. Its basic design is over a hundred years old. It has not been a first line pistol for the Swiss military since 1949. It's a "sensitive weapon"? I am missing some logical point here? OHHHHHHHHH, I get it. When dealing with a government, its bureaucrats and bureaucracy logic DOES NOT apply!

Comments and suggestions welcome (especially from are Swiss readers).
The Wizard
The application of the proper amount of high explosives can solve any problem.
War is an act of force and to the application of that force there is no limit! So say the philosophers (Carl von Clausewitz b 1780 d 1831) of war.
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2002, 11:55 AM   #2
Navy
RIP

Hey Wiz,
You are wasting your time and postage. There is NOTHING more intransigent and stubborn than a European bureaucrat and the Swiss are about as stubborn as they come. Their mentality is that unless the law specifies that something must be done, then it cannot be done.

You can find sources for patent drawings, which is what you seeek, I presume, on the web. Our fellow member Heniz Hahlers has some, which I believe he would share with you.

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote