LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-30-2001, 08:52 PM   #1
66mustang

Default Luger books

Hello all,

I was looking on the Internet for Luger books and came across a website in the same town I am on buisness for. So I went by there today, and they had 5 or 6 Luger books.

I bought:

Luger Tips (revised) by Reese

and Luger Variations, vol 1, 4th edition and is signed. Spent more than I wanted, but the price seemed about what thye go for on the net.

They had Datig's for $42.00, which is one of my favorite Luger books. And one called World of Lugers by Costanzo, plus a couple of more small pocket books.

Anyway, I was happy to pick up Jones and will read it the next couple of days.

Ed

Unread 10-31-2001, 04:29 PM   #2
tom
User

Default Re: Luger books

The Sam Costanzo book is *rare*; I occasionally see copies FS at about $300...I wouldn't trade mine for anything; it is incredibly valuable for deciphering the myriad of proof marks we encounter.

Might want to post the contact info on where you found it incase someone in the group wishes to buy it.

Tom

Unread 10-31-2001, 09:03 PM   #3
BILL
User

There are many collectors who are looking for World of Lugers, Volume 1, Sam Costanzo. It is invaluable for proofs, acceptance and serial numbers.

Unread 10-31-2001, 09:11 PM   #4
66mustang

Did he make a vol 4? I looked at the book, it appeared to be in very nice shape, was signed and was $175.00, if I remember correctly.

(I mentioned it in case anyone was interested, )

Anyway, it is at Haven Books and Collectables, in Winter Haven, Florida, e-mail is havenbks@att.net phone number is 863-326-9491.

They seemed like very nice people and I could have spent much moola there. As it was they have a Reese book, for $15.00, I bought the revised edition. One of those pocket books on Lugers, and Winchester books and others of the ilk.

Overall, a quick, but nice transaction.

Ed