LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-01-2020, 05:15 PM   #1
LugerNovice122
New User

Default Are G Date 1935 Mauser Lugers made for any bullet caliber other than 9mm

All;

I am new to Lugers and have posted a question somewhere on this forum. I am afraid my question will make me sound like a total "tool" and and bring out the internet trolls. But here goes.

I got my G Dated S/42 luger Serial# 7682 u (I think it's the letter u) from my deceased Uncle's estate. He purchased it when he was in the Navy between 1955 and 1961, so I know where it's been for the past 60 or so years. And if the parts are not all original, then it was forged together before 1955, but I believe the parts are all original. He took reasonably good care of it, but it has been re-blued. Al other parts share the same last 2 digits, 82, of the serial number. I have been trying to read up on the background of this model, and I am completely confused about the caliber of the pistol. I have successfully run 9mm luger rounds through it (oh the luger fires so sweet), but I cannot find anywhere the caliber of the weapon.

Does this model fire other calibers besides the 9mm luger, or is it just made for 9mm luger rounds?

I have no reference books, but a recommendation for a good Luger Reference book would be much appreciated, too.

Respectfully submitted,
David R.
LugerNovice122 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to LugerNovice122 for your post:

Tags
g_date, mauser, s/42