LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-05-2002, 01:52 AM   #1
Bryan

Default removing safety latch?

hi yall

I just got my new Wolff spring in today to try to get my .30 cal. to start ejecting. I have'nt started the job yet, but in just removing the grips and looking it over it looks like the safety will need to be removed. It looked like a small pin went through it at an angle, but it was in there real tight. Is that how it comes out or is there some other way?

Bryan

Unread 05-05-2002, 07:37 AM   #2
Tom Heller

Default Re: removing safety latch?

Bryan, You should not have to remove the safety to replace a PO8 recoil spring. But if you choose to do so, drive the retaining pin out from the INSIDE of the frame with the left grip removed. Install the recoil spring on the RIGHT side of frame. Tom h.

Unread 05-05-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
Roadkill
User

Default Re: removing safety latch?

I just took the safety lever out on mine for the first time last week, Hugh sent me directions, as Tom referenced it is not necessary to remove for spring replacement. Thor did and excellent series on mainspring replacement, isn't that hard after the first time, ask him how to find it. My safety lever kept on kicking back on recoil, took it out & bent it inward, fixed the problem.

Roadkill