LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-03-2002, 10:23 AM   #1
Brandon Metcalf

Default Hitler Luger Update!

You might remember me talking about a Hitler presentation Luger a man was supposed to have. Well I'm probably going to head up his way tomorrow. I'm gonna see if he's telling the truth!

If he does have a Luger I'll take pic's (If he will let me) and let you guys see them! Probably will be some nickel plated junk Gun, but I'll let you know!

Brandon

Unread 05-03-2002, 11:39 AM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Re: Hitler Luger Update!

Look forward to the continued saga.

Unread 05-03-2002, 01:43 PM   #3
Terry A de C Foley

Check if he has also got Occam's razor, while you're there, hey!

TF

Unread 05-03-2002, 02:22 PM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default [REALLY - OT !! ] William Occam's Biography :D

Who happen to like Lugers. An artist's conception of Occam's image is posted below...

William of Ockham, born in the village of Ockham in Surrey (England) about 1285, was the most influential philosopher of the 14th century and a controversial theologian.

He entered the Franciscan order at an early age and took the traditional course of theological studies at Oxford. Strong opposition to his opinions from members of the theological faculty prevented him from obtaining his Master's degree. His teaching had also aroused the attention of Pope John XXII, who summoned him to the papal court in Avignion (France) in 1324.

The charges against him were presented by Jogh Lutterell, the former chancellor of the university of Oxford. Ockham was never condemned, but in 1327, while residing in Avignion, he became involved in the dispute over apostolic poverty. When this controversy reached a critical stage in 1328, and the Pope was about to issue a condemnation of the position held by the Franciscans, Ockham and two other Franciscans fled from Avignion to seek the protection of Emperor Louis IV, the Bavarian.

They followed the emperor to Munich (Germany) in 1330, where Ockham wrote fervently against the papacy in a series of treatises on papal power and civil sovereignty. The medieval rule of parsimony, or principle of economy, frequently used by Ockham came to be known as Ockham's razor. The rule, which said that plurality should not be assumed without necessity (or, in modern English, keep it simple, stupid), was used to eliminate many pseudo-explanatory entities.

It is believed that he died in a convent in Munich in 1349, a victim of the Black Death. His name, spelled Occam, lives on in the names of streets and restaurants in Munich ... and in the brave new world of high-performance safety-critical parallel computing.

Copyright �© 1994 Dave Beckett, University of Kent at Canterbury, UK.

http://wotug.ukc.ac.uk/parallel/www/occam/occam.gif
Unread 05-03-2002, 02:39 PM   #5
Brandon Metcalf

Default So I'm lookin for this guy's razor?!

I'll let you know how it goes Terry! By the way What are you willing to pay for it ?

Best Regards,Brandon

Unread 05-03-2002, 04:57 PM   #6
unspellable
User

If it's a 30 caliber, measure the barrel diameter!

unspellable

Unread 05-03-2002, 06:47 PM   #7
Joe
User

Default Total Fantasy "Luger" (EOM)

Unread 05-04-2002, 02:45 PM   #8
Brandon Metcalf

Default Another Hitler Luger Update :(

Well it was a no go! He never mentioned letting me see them, And wouldn't put a price on them. However His story about how he got them has not changed. Supposedly he got them a long time ago at an auction in Louisiana for $700.00. Again I have no visible proof that he's telling the truth just his word, (*NOTE* I don't belive anything I hear and half what I see in a case like this!) So thats about all that happened . Oh well ya win some and ya lose some!

.......Brandon

Unread 05-04-2002, 02:51 PM   #9
Brandon Metcalf

Default Oh yeah! No luck on Occam's razor! Sorry Terry </strong>
			</div>
			<hr size=

Unread 05-04-2002, 06:32 PM   #10
66mustang

Default What a pain, driving a ways and then ..... :( (

Unread 05-04-2002, 07:02 PM   #11
Brandon Metcalf

Default Tell me about it!!!!! (EOM)