LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-05-2002, 06:49 PM   #1
Art
User

Default Questions regarding 1970s Mauser P08's

I was wondering what the group here has to say regarding the P08's produced by Mauser Werke in the 70s that were imported by Interarms? I have been offered a "Swiss" version in 9mm with a 4" barrel in an estate, what are these things worth in roughly 60% blue?

Are they decent shooters?

How about parts compatability with other PO8's?

Quality seems as decent and they are a Mauser product.

Would a quality refinish hurt a Interarms P08?

also does anyone carry spare mauser banner magazines?

thanks in advance

Unread 05-05-2002, 08:59 PM   #2
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default My Mauser-Interarms swiss w/ 6"bbl...

Art,

About 3 months ago I bought this NIB Mauser-Interarms swiss-style luger in 9mm and with a 6" bbl. for $ 850.00 (from the Forum's Tom Heller).

I recently had another Fortum member (Hugh Clark) re-do the very rough factory grips to a great recheckering with the swiss-style border.

There are still NIB Masuer-Interarms for sale on the various gun and luger web-sites,...if you are looking for a NIB.

I decided, against some advice, to make this NIB luger my primary shooter. It's a great shooter, very accurate, and if I take care of it I won't have to chase replacement parts for many years...

I am also "hot on the trail" of an indentical luger that is also NIB, that will stay in my safe as such and maybe one day, collectors will place value on these lugers for the 1970-80's...

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/grips3.jpg

Unread 05-05-2002, 11:43 PM   #3

Default Re: My Mauser-Interarms swiss w/ 6"bbl...

Pete,

About a month ago I saw one that I think is NIB at a gun show in Sarasota. A dealer had it and he wanted $1000 for it. I believe it was identical as far as I can remember to yours (plain grips though).

Unread 05-06-2002, 09:12 AM   #4
Tom Heller

Default Re: Questions regarding 1970s Mauser P08's

Art, I purchased Interarms remaining stock of parts for these pistol when they went out of business a few years ago, so I can assist on the banner marked mags. Not all of the Parabellum parts are interchangable to the PO8 and vise versa, since the Parabellum use the old long frame design. I would estimate a 60% blued or reblued Swiss model should be priced in the $500 shooter range. Tom