LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-10-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
biffj
User

Default 06 W+F with a few questions....

I'm new to the forum and to the Swiss lugers. Used to collect artilleries and brooms in the 70's and 80's.
I picked up a nice 06 Bern and noticed a number of differences between it and German produced guns. Lack of proofing is one big difference. Another is that some of the parts have the last 3 numbers stamped on them rather than 2 as I'm more familiar with. I see from some of the other posts that this is not the case with all the 06 Bern guns but also wonder if this is not correct. The rear toggle link has only the last 2 numbers as does the mag bottom and grips but the sideplate, toggle link, breech, and trigger have the last 3. The firing pin, hold-open and take down lever are not numbered. . The serial is in the 31 thousand range and the pistol came in a 31 dated Bern marked holster that looks more like what I'd thought was an 06/29 holster. There is a spare mag but its a plastic bottom with the script P stamped on the back of the sheetmetal body. A swiss mag but not what I'd expect with this model. Bore is bright and shiney. There is some wear in places you'd expect it though its not bad. I can't tell if its been reblued as I'm not familiar enough with the model. I have noted though that the toggle cam area of the frame is a bit on the purplish side which either indicates its been hardened in that area or the bluing was redone with too much heat or expiring salts. Its not bad though and if I didn't do a lot of repair and refinishing of machineguns I'd probably not have noticed. The frame rails look like the blue is worn off in the pictures but its only my poor photo skills and glare. There is some blue worn through but only on some of the corners.
Any comments or info is appreciated. I didn't buy the gun expecting perfection or something extraordinary. I just needed a nice Swiss built Luger to go with the other Swiss firearms. I like the look of the grips with the border too....

Thanks
Biff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06 Bern right w holster.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	5193  

Click image for larger version

Name:	06 Bern right w holster and straps.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	46.2 KB