LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Unread 05-19-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
P. J. Heck
User

Default Magazine buton differences

After viewing the normal fodder in this category, I am embarrassed to bring up such a phelebian subject.......

but..... Gibson makes referrence to a fine checked mag button being in use early in Krieg. production. I have one........ also have a Simson that has the same exact style button. Krieghoff got stuff from Simson..........??? Did either one make their own magazines or were they contracted out to a sheet metal mfgr.??

I have commercial #1137. Its mag button is very coarsly checked. I have another Krieg. magazine (with a '+' on) that has a slightly finer checking, between the other two styles. I realize that changing the mag. tube is not rocket science so there is no way to be dead certain that any of these is correct.

Any one else Kriegs stuff follow this pattern, (if a pattern exists here)??? PJHeck
Unread 05-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
tau-delt
User

PJ... As promised, I checked my little stash of 14 HK mags and they all have the fine checkered button. SN run from a low of 148 to a high of 11646 and they are all military...