LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-21-2002, 09:53 AM   #1
Thor
User

Default Tulsa Gun Show

How many plan to attend this one? I am "Thinking" about going. Ralph told me this is a great place to see Lugers. Thor

Unread 03-21-2002, 10:03 AM   #2
tom h

Default Re: Tulsa Gun Show

Thor, At 3500+ tables, the Wannamaker Tulsa show is currently the largest in the USA and well worth attending. I will be set up on the south wall upper level, about half way from the entrance to the west wall, if you turn left from the main entrance (the one with statue of Oilman in front). Please stop by and chat. Tom h

Unread 03-21-2002, 10:07 AM   #3
Thor
User

WOW, they tell me that it takes 2 days to see all even with your track shoes on (running) I guess if I go I will have to CHAT FAST, lol Thor

Unread 03-21-2002, 10:30 AM   #4
tom h

Ted, Now you know why I'm lucky to see a third of this show, with having to watch my tables. If you want to see the entire show, you can do it in one day with track shoes and little chatting, but you will have to stop and rest your legs eventually. So feel free to make me one of your rest stops. Tom h

Unread 03-21-2002, 10:35 AM   #5
Brandon Metcalf

Well I was hoping to go but my Grandfather is having major surgery to repair stopped up arteries in his neck (1 is 95% the other is 50% blocked). The surgery is on the Monday before the show. So you guys will have to tell me what I missed. ,Brandon

Unread 03-21-2002, 02:47 PM   #6
Tracy

I was going to try and attend a group of guys are renting a van to go up from Austin. However my son fro Oregon is planning on being here during that period on business so will miss out on seeing everyone.

Unread 03-21-2002, 04:26 PM   #7
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Hello Ted,

I will be there from California for the 2-days. I'll be the guy hanging around Ralph's table and drooling over any nice lugers...and being the typical luger new-comer nuisance...

I'll be staying at the Marriott Courtyard (near the show) if anyone wants to plan a dinner get-together...

Unread 03-22-2002, 09:01 AM   #8
Luke
User

Am considering going. Lois and I might drive out and make it a small vacation trip.

Luke

Unread 03-22-2002, 10:20 AM   #9
schwob
RIP

Default Re: Tulsa Gun Show, comment

I went to the web page. It indicates there are 3800 tables. Holy smoke, how the hell do you get to spend any time seeing anything? We have gun shows up here in Maine, one is up tomorrow in Lewiston. It will have 200+- tables. Even this small display takes several hours. I can't imagine have all that hardware under one roof. Must be quite an experience. Does anyone ever takes pictures from an overhead location. Would be worth having a look at such a gathering. Are skates or scooters rented? How packed must the be? Must also have narrow space beween the aisles. Security must monumental. From past shows, have there ever been any occurrences of a negative or drastic nature, i.e. fights or items stolen? What is the capacity of this coliseum?

Unread 03-22-2002, 12:26 PM   #10
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default Photos...

Schwob,

A little into the web-site links are some photos from past shows...

I can't wait to be in this mob...

Unread 03-22-2002, 04:07 PM   #11
bh

Default Re: Tulsa Gun Show, comment

have been going for several years now, and it is a sight to behold.....around 15000 people going thru, and every once in a while, a gun goes off, and it really IS a sight to see them flooding out the doors!!! take along good walking shoes, and a notepad to jot down the aisle and row number on any gun strikes your fancy, cause its hard enough to find your OWN table again after you walk off....

Unread 03-22-2002, 11:42 PM   #12
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,090 Times in 1,675 Posts

Confirmed my hotel reservation today. See you guys at Ralph's or Tom's table sometime during the show. I am going with Bob Adams, so I will be getting there Friday to help him set up. I will have an extra day to wear out my shoes. Eat your heart out!

Unread 03-23-2002, 12:40 AM   #13
Thor
User

Tell Bob I said hello, he lives here, though we have never met! Thor

Unread 03-23-2002, 11:50 AM   #14
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default Vendor Location Maps ?

When one gets to the "really big shoe", are their vendor maps available to know where the luger dealer tables are located ?