LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-18-2001, 04:07 PM   #1
Big Norm
RIP

Default AN HONEST MAN

While going over Ebay, I came across an Artillery holster (item # 1179857713). I studdied the holster and believed it to be a shortened artillery holster to accomodate a 4 inch military Luger. I wrote the gentleman and asked him about it. He later wrote back that after measuring the holster that he too felt that it was a shortened holster but that he did not know it when he placed his ad on Ebay. I wrote back a thank you and that for honesties sake he should amend his description to tell people that the holster was modified. To my surprise, he did it.

We on the forum have hammered some people for their dishonesty many times. I personally like that and have done it myself. But now my conscience tells me that when I find an honest gentleman, I should reward the elusive, but still there, honest guy. I am doing that now and it just makes me feel good.

The holster looks like good leather and I feel bad that someone took a good artillery holster and did that to it. I only hope that this honest man does not suffer too bad for his conscience.

Big Norm

Unread 08-18-2001, 04:25 PM   #2
BILL
User

Default Re: AN HONEST MAN

That is good. One thing that we should always be concious of, however, is that honesty is subjective. What you are praising this individual for is, upon your request, he did the right thing. I agree, that is to be commended. We here have 'hammered' people for exactly the reason you are recognizing this individual. Some of us would ask "Why didn't he state what he already knew before he had to be advised of it?". If you bought a bogus pistol and took it back and the seller said 'Oh, yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that it 'Looks like a Luger' but it is, in fact, a Ruger. I will give you your money back' you might not think the individual is too honest (while some would praise him for owning up to the facts and reimbursing you). Ok, that is an extreme example but it is only used to illustrate a point. We probably shouldn't be hammering too many people here for their virtues.

'Take me to your Luger!'

Unread 08-18-2001, 05:21 PM   #3
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: AN HONEST MAN

I see your point. But if you read his email like I did, you would believe, as I do, that he just didn't know. He saw the holster flap and the belt and just assumed it was an artillery holster. My point is that he did the right thing when he realized his mistake and declared that it was a redone holster. Now nobodies going to bid $800 or more on his mistake.

Big Norm