LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 11-28-2001, 01:10 AM   #1
xavier

Default luger skeleton stock on ebay

for anyone interested

now on ebay is for sale a skeleton stock (steel, us made for luger

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1037022149

luger stock on ebay (ideal company)

Unread 11-28-2001, 03:23 AM   #2
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: luger skeleton stock on ebay

I emailed the people selling this Ideal Stock. They do not have the grips that are necessary to install the stock. Special grips are required with metal plates under the wood grips to hook it to the gun. This stock was made for the 1900 and the 1906 Lugers by Ideal Stock and Holster Company out of Toledo, Ohio and California. I believe that the plant in California still exists.

I don't know how the current owner cleaned the metal skeleton without damaging the leather because the leather is riveted to the skeleton. Its possible, but you have to be careful. These stocks go for a lot more money than the just under $600 on Ebay. But you are taking a chance on being able to find the grips, metal plates and the four attaching screws.

Big Norm

Unread 11-28-2001, 11:16 AM   #3
tom h

Default Re: luger skeleton stock on ebay

WARING: These Ideal stocks were also made for Colt and S&W revolvers of the period, so you must be careful to get one with the proper front attaching mechanism on front for a luger. In this same thread if someone has the front mechanism with the tubular arms, I have the rear part with nice brown leather long enough for a 6" barreled luger (probably a replacement). Lets get together, so one of us can make a complete holster stock. Tom h