Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Research Archives > Military Lugers

Unread 10-22-2003, 11:08 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Post Krieghoff Commercial - P Code, Series 1

I've been asked if I could post some of my Kriegs on this Forum - and I'd be delighted to post a few. I'd encourage others to post short descriptions of their pieces as well - and if folks would like to post them without "attribution" to them personally - please feel free to e-mail the pictures and the descriptions, and I'd be pleased to post them for you as "anonymous". In the meantime - enjoy...!

This is a Krieghoff Commercial - Early "P" Series, which are side framed inscribed. This example rates at about 85% blues and 80% Straw. Serial number "P183", it has the early placement style "P" placement, which is place directly in line with the "183". Grips are correct for this Krieghoff variation.

Click on image to enlarge

Right side view.

5 Point Star on right side of receiver. This was the "rejection" mark, amongst others, that denotes a "Commercial". Variations are noted.

The machining of the lugs are unique to Krieghoff as compared to other manufacturers. This supports the analysis by Mr. Gibson that Krieghoff used their own manufacturing techniques as compared to Simson (and Erfurt).

Sideplate detail. Notice the serial number and LWaA2 stamps on both the plate extension and the lever. These are correct for this variation.

Top View. Correct HK Die on the toggle (Gibson reference "C-1") along with the "Commercial" (CN) on the forward-left of the breechblock.

LWaA2 proof on the breechblock.

Firing Pin retainer - again found the correct LWaA2 stamp.
Unread 10-22-2003, 11:09 PM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Continued.... Details.

Detail of the inscription. Note closely the formation of the characters. There are only a few verified pieces that stray from this stylized type style - including DWM, Presentation and Post War. In the "P" Code Series one - no variations are noted (P305 as noted Presentation). If you spot one - be very leery of counterfeits.

Locking Bolt well. The Four Point star is somewhat rare - but other verified P Series 1 Commercials are noted with this stamp - as are Military Commercials and a very few Post War. No P Series 2 Commercials have been noted to date with this stamp.

Rear Frame Well.....

Correct "GESICHERT" die. This can be a tip-off if the frame is not correct and the HK P-Code is counterfeit as well.

Barrel. No witness marks - and the barrel stamps are correct - CN with the LWaA2 stamp. Notice the absence of the barrel gauge and the HALO around the CN.

Undercut of the forward grip strap. The subtle "V" is unique to Krieghoff, as compared to other era manufacturers.

Forward toggle link proof.

Close up of the toggle stamp - which is a "C-1" type die as defined by Gibson..