LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Research Archives > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #2
Mike B
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default 1900 American Eagle w/Swiss proof

Once in a great while an event comes along where all thing come together better than any planning could have provided for. Such was the case this past weekend in Louisville at the SOS weekend and the Gun Show. I would like to take this opportunity personally thank Ken of FGS Enterprises, Don Rousseau and Bob Hogan, Luger collectors and advisors, Ron Wood , Tom Beasley and Tom Aiena of the Luger Forum, and several other people whose names I cannot recall. While walking the aisles of the Gun Show, I came across a 1900 American Eagle Luger. Well, having Ron Wood at my side as an advisor was like having Colonel Sanders with you when are shopping for fried chicken. My first reaction to the Swiss Cross on an American Eagle was put it down and run away. But Ron said “no problem”. So here it is for all to see. An American Eagle with a Swiss proof. Not many around like it. It also has an abundance of the fabled “flaming bomb” which I have been told is not a flaming bomb, but an inspectors mark. There is even one on the bottom of the wood base magazine. Any comments or input will be appreciated. Again, many thanks to the wonderful friends I was privileged to spend time with.

Mike