LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 01-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
fruitjar
User

Default Echave & Arizmendi Luger Look-A-Like

I ran across a Luger look-a-like today, it was a Echave & Arizmendi Lur Panzer .22 cal. The gun itself was in ok condition however the magazine was missing. I searched the internet without any luck, so I thought that I would try my luck here. Does anyone out there have one of these or have a magazine that they would like to part with? Sorry if anyone is offended since it is not a REAL Luger!! Thanks.
fruitjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I doubt anyone would be offended by your posting, but I for one would like to see what you have. Please post some pictures if you can.

Thanks, Marc
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

No idea on the magazine; it might be listed in Numrich under the importer name...here is a reference to it I found in Pistols Of The World...

(The US importer should have a stamp on the pistol somewhere...Please post pics; maybe we can figure out who brought these pistols in...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	echave.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	23598  

sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

This really does look like an Erma La or Ep, the full-sized pistols. If I recall correctly, the KGP's are called "baby" Lugers because they are smaller in the same respects as the "Baby Lugers" created by John Martz and others--shortened grip frame and shorter bbl.
You might pick up an Erma mag, either original factory, or a replacement--another one of slightly different construction/configuration, for which there were at least three different makers. The replacements were designed for the Erma; I don't know why the lips of those mags are cut/shaped somewhat differently than the original factory.
If the Panzer functions like the Ep/La .22's, it will be like dealing with a cranky old lady to convince it to feed, eject, and cycle properly and dependably. If similar enough, the Panzer may also be mag sensitive and ammo sensitive, to the extreme. I've been engrossed in just what it takes to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, as far as these .22 pistols, so check for a posting or two in 'off topic/other guns" section if you're going to try to get a .22 blowback Luger wannabe to work acceptably!
David Parker
ithacaartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
fruitjar
User

Thanks for the replies. As it turns out the owner does not want to part with the pistol even with my hounding him about it. I know he has a pic, I will see if he will forward it to me anyway and I'll post it.
Thanks Again, fruitjar
fruitjar is offline   Reply With Quote