LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 01-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
TheRomanhistorian
User

Default Hello!

Hello everyone,

I'm sort of new but also not new. I originally posted as 'Michael Ng' back in the day when I first got my own P-08, a 1921 dated pistol but quite mismatched.

Here is my original post:
http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthre...highlight=1921

'Just bought a shooter Luger today, well picked up rather than bought. I got it from a pawnshop in my hometown, the price was a little hefty but worthwhile for an 'impulse' buy I suppose. It's a mismatched gun with a reciever date of 1921 and a DWM toggle assembly. The serial number looks to be a 6803. It has been reblued I was told. However it is a nice looking gun with wood checkered grips and a wood bottomed magazine which I cannot make out the serial number on. The grip of the gun has some inscription, 16./J.R.21. With a superscript of 36 next to it, can anyone tell me what this means?'

I've done a lot since 2002, I left Idaho to do a PhD in London and came back a few years ago. I just rediscovered the forum a few days ago (had to create a new account) because I recently purchased an Erma KGP 69. Please, don't berate me ( :P ), and I know, I know. It's not a real Luger/P-08 but it was in quite good condition and I thought this would be a good place to learn more about it and maybe see if I can get myself another shooter Luger though I see prices have of course gone up (I think I paid $570 or so for my mismatch back in 2002, when I turned 21).

Last edited by TheRomanhistorian; 01-18-2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Typo fixed.
TheRomanhistorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

I actually looked up and merged your two accounts into this one

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
TheRomanhistorian
User

Hi Ed,

Thanks very much! I think I remember you from my last visits here! Good to see you again.

Michael
Unread 01-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
policeluger
RIP

Welcome back.....I have 4 cousins in London, all cops.
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

Technically, I can't offer a "welcome back" because I joined the forum just a bit shy of a year ago. Therefore, you have my sincere, regular "welcome" .
I've been fussing with a couple of La.22's, so you will have at least one "Erma Buddy" here. I coaxed a few more out of the woodwork with some recent postings appropriately in the Off-topic section. I'm curious as to what one might expect from a KGP, of whatever caliber, because they are a little different in mechanics and size.

David Parker
ithacaartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
TheRomanhistorian
User

Hi David,

I saw that and just replied to your thread, so it's great to see you on this one, too. I'll let you know what I find out once I get my grubby hands on my own! The KGP 69 should be a nice diversion, if I can get it to work of course, from my 1921 mismatch and I'm on the lookout for an affordable WWI era shooter.

Michael