LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-04-2001, 07:27 AM   #1
BOB REGERS

Default THANK GOD FOR GOOD GUN SMITHS

after my failure to eject i worked up the courage to visit my gunsmith and diagnose the problem. a poster on here nailied it on the head. the extractor pin was shattered and the extractor spring was actually a weak gauge. Im like i guess we order parts? My gun smith then waved his magic wand and actually made a new extractor pin out or chords of steel--stronger than the original and a new spring out of gauges he had! my pistole is better than ever. dont feed your lugers cheap russian ammo like I did. the charge is too inconsistent causing the shell to be stuck in the barrel or caught in the toggle-hence your damage.

Unread 08-04-2001, 07:54 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: THANK GOD FOR GOOD GUN SMITHS

Bob,

Glad you have a good gunsmith as they are hard to come by! I agree with you about the cheap Russian ammo. The only Russian stuff I will shot is the 7.62x39 in an AK-47. I figure it was made to fire this junk ammo and it does work OK. I would never use any of it in a nice pistol because of the inconsistancy of it. I also do not like the steel cases; I think this may be hard on the extraction system as you explained. I have heard that some folks like this Russian ammo in a lot of differnt guns, but I am not going to take a chance.

Marvin

Unread 08-05-2001, 01:31 AM   #3
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: THANK GOD FOR GOOD GUN SMITHS

Thanks Bob and others,

I have often been asked questions about the stove piping of Lugers at gun show and at reanges. All I could ever do was give the pat answers about ammo being 80% of the problem. Then a dirty gun and so forth. But I never felt that I was giving a good total answer to a honest question. I have heard recently that there have been some problems with ejectors. And now I think that I can give better anwers to this problem thanks to you guys.

THANKS, Big Norm

Unread 08-05-2001, 10:57 AM   #4
BOB REGERS

Default range report

After going to the range and firing 30 rounds 100% functiong in ejection/extraction(using 124gr)If anyone wants the trade name e-mail me. on 2 separate instances the toggle didnt stay open on the last round but I'll blame that strictly on the ammo.