LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-19-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
suwanneetrader
User

Default 1918-1920 DWM S.B. 5528

Will describe later. Trying to upload photos Well I got one photo to go, email me for holster markings and other photos. This 9mm Luger has 90% original finish and the checkering is so sharp it feels like it is going to cut your palm. It has a wings and head down eagle above 3114 which is above 8.83. All numbers match and 1920 is above 1918. In addition to matching serial number on all parts it also has S.B.W.I.R. 378 5528 on the inside frame with WIR378 being X'ed out. The takedown tool has 5528. The back of the holster has S.B.5528. in the back upper right cornor. Also on the upper back of the holster is FRANZ COBAU above 1933 above what resembles a mum with an L in the center. As you can see alot of the shinny black is off the holster showing the natural leather. Should I do anything to it or leave as is? What do the markings mean? I'm 68 and have had 5 or 6 Lugers from Vets and estates over the years, but due to large family had to sell them. This is the first time I've been in a position to keep one, as it took me 3 years to talk the old guy into selling it to me I'd like to know all about it. Thanking you all in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rlm1.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	882  

suwanneetrader is offline   Reply With Quote