LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 04-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts
Angry ebayer buyer disputed sale

I sold 6 or 7 luger magazines on ebay, and one buyer claimed he never received the magazine. He is in Australia (ebay rules and my ad stated NO overseas buyers), yet ebay let him bid on it, then he paid via Paypal, so I felt obligated to sell to him.

I sent him the mag, costing me over $14 in shipping, and now Paypal says that they have found in his favor, so I am out the money, shipping, and the magazine.

My shipping was through paypal, so tracking shows it left the USA (Chicago) and that was the end of it. So, I don't know if he received it or not.

The user name (I have his real name; Michel K....xxxxxx) is mic2333 in Australia and I will never sell to him again.
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
alvin
User

It took long time to arrive European buyer. I sold a stock to a guy in France. No way to track the shipment. The buyer was very kind and very patient, he contacted me after 30 days: he did not receive it..... Luckily, the item arrived him exactly that day! Otherwise, I guess I would lose a few hundred.

Many sellers specify "No international buyer" to avoid possible trouble. Ebay only protects buyer in this scenario.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

From BadBuyerList.org -

http://badbuyerlist.org/buyer/3de10b32ab1c3f40b571

BadBuyerList.org
Tweet
Bad Buyer: ddw2@hotmail.com.au - mic2333
Details

Purchase Date: 2011-12
Name: Michel Kososinow
Username: mic2333
Email: ddw2@hotmail.com.au
Address: Michel Kososinow 14/46 William street Granville, New South Wales 2142 Australia
Store: eBAY
Payment: PayPal
Category: Collectibles
Details: Ebay items was delivered but this Bad buyer claim not received, I have proof to show: http://www.nzpost.co.nz/ tracking # EP312648229NZ Purchase date is Feb 2012.

Reported at: 2012-03-02 23:23:28 UTC
Reporter: 122.61.X.X

« Bad Buyer List Home
Comments

This is a well known scammer real name Mikhael Roshkonov. He operates from Granville NSW and Paramatta NSW. Deals in BMW/VW parts, German WW2 memorabilia counterfeit GPS disks and other stuff. Uses Paypal and postal service to steal from sellers. he end up with the goods and the money. Ebay/Paypal do nothing to stop him,and let him set up multiple dormant accounts. DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM!!! Other Ebay names Mikero777 Parts_Sale SellerBuyer555 andww2012 Ebay_Car_Media_Sale .....LOTS OTHERS.... He operates websites www.BMWMULTIMEDIA.COM.AU AND WWW.NAVIGATIONAU.COM Google mikero777 for more details.
about 1 month ago - from 121.223.X.X

Dear Sir, Thnk you very much for the information, will be very carefully with this scammer Mikhael Roshkonov. Best regards
about 1 month ago - from 122.61.X.X

Latest user Id's are andww2012 and vw_bmw_parts
12 days ago - from 58.169.X.X

Dear Sir, Thank you for your help. I have finally claim back my money from paypal. I have received a threatening hate mail from Mikhael Roshkonov after his fail attempt to cheat my money and good Best regards
12 days ago - from 122.61.X.X

file a police report - they are very hot on internet crime.
4 days ago - from 71.161.X.X
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 members says Thank You to sheepherder for your post:
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts

Rich..Excellent information!

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
TheRomanhistorian
User

That's just bollocks, is there any thing else you can do? From what postino posted, it sounds like at least one person filed a police report.

Though I doubt Paypal will accept an appeal even with this information but it couldn't hurt. Sorry to hear about that, Ed. Thank you for letting us know though, in case he tries to sell his ill-gotten wares or scam another one of us.

Nos morituri te salutant - Supposed saying of the gladiators to the emperor ('We, who are about to die, salute you.')

'We are the lantern bearers, my friend; for us to keep something burning, to carry what light we can forward into the darkness and the wind' - From Rosemary Sutcliff's The Lantern Bearers
TheRomanhistorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
alvin
User

Ebay has a "court" like facility. Since this buyer's historical record was so poor, probably "judges" will consider that.

I sold a pocket watch last year. Maker was unheard of Swiss "ARNEX".... God knows, I have never heard of this brand elsewhere. Buyer received it and said "it's a replica".... I was almost faint -- even if I had the skill to make a fake watch, I would make a fake Rolex, who would fake an "ARNEX" selling only $100 ?? But that's not my headache. Headache was that buyer insisted on I was cheating him on purpose so I must pay all shipping cost. And, Sir Judge ruled favoring him. Lord.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
hansfischer007
User

Default Ebay and foreign buyers

I have been selling on Ebay for over 12 years.....5,000+ Positive Rating........and Ive had a couple of bad instances with buyers in Australia.....altho I will admit have had a lot of Good Buyers as well........However.....Ebay WILL NOT back the Seller......I sent an item to a girl in Australia....she filed claim of non receipt....I called ebay and faxed a copy of the Customs form where it showed i shipped it.......couple days later....Ebay ruled in Her Favor....I called them up....their answer...."well...even tho you showed you mailed it....you didn't show proof she received it"....they gave her the money back...two days later...she sent me a note...saying how much she really liked the item.........I called ebay up...talked to a rep....and brother let me tell you....10 years of pent up frustration came out.....I yelled and cussed like you won't believe.....after about 20 minutes.......they gave me my money back......Im seriously considering no more international sales..........not worth the headache.........hey...just my $0.02 worth......Hans
hansfischer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

thanks guys, postino, thanks much, I copied and sent to Paypal (I had complained to their customer service), and their customer service responded.

When I was kicked off before, because I had 'run a raffle' and I told them why (the Haiti raffle) and it went all the way up to some VP, who told me I was screwed

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Unread 04-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #9
dz
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Go to your bank and dispute the electronic charge paypal made to your account. David
dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #10
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

With these idiots on Ebay, any gun or military related item will immediately put you on the losing end of the deal. Ebay is a liberal institution who do not like us and only take these items because they cannot discriminate, by law. They will not allow you to photograph swastikas or other related symbols if you are selling German stuff. I will simply not ship overseas and if I have to, it is sent insured and registered, where a signature is required all along the route, right up to delivery. DHL is good for this. The buyer also pays all postage and if they will not accept this method of shipment, I simply will not sell to them.
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to alanint for your post:
Unread 04-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #11
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

yes, I am going to limit my sales, still do overseas (although this was a glitch on ebays part, as I had checkmarked no overseas, but did not 'block' the sales).

I just have never had a problem before, not really and have over 700 sales and many buys, never a major issue.

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Unread 04-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
Mike B
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I sold a mag to a forum member in Germany. Three weeks after I shipped it he informend me that he had not received the mag. I did all that could be done through the postal system mostly to no avail. Finally after several weeks, he received the mag.

Mike
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
newluger
User

I had a similar experience with guns america and an out of country seller. I paid for the parts an received word from the seller that the items had been shipped. Received notice thru postal tracking that the item had been delivered to an address in New York, while my address is in Tennessee. After a couple of emails and about two weeks later, the items finally arrived. In my contact with the seller, he asked me to send photos of the package, which I did, and he got back to me and said that the package photo was different from what he had sent. I can only guess that the delivery address in New York was some sort of customs house. In any event I got my parts and I was satisfied. However, it left me with a sense to be cautious when dealing outside the U.S.
newluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
alanint
User

I once sold an early Garand Bayonet on Ebay to a guy here in the US. When it did not arrive at his address, I wanted to put in a claim with UPS, since the item was insured, but the buyer told me to hold on and to keep insisting the item be found instead of putting in a claim. Several weeks later he wrote to tell me that he finally had the bayonet.
As a seasoned purchaser, this guy told me that UPS and similar company's employees often conceal packages in their respective warehouses when they suspect, or actually know through an X-ray, that the package contains something of interest to them. They wait until the inevitable claim is filed and paid, which wipes the item from the company's books. At this time the employee is free to walk out of the warehouse with the item. By refusing a claim and putting serious pressure on the shipper for the item to be found, it often turns up as if by majic.
The following 3 members says Thank You to alanint for your post:
Unread 04-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #15
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

so, sport got his money yesterday and then today he gave me a NEGATIVE on ebay...

It probably didn't help that I told him that he was a scammer and a thief

I talked to ebay and they said, they will look into it, more as I know it, as I know you guys like to read someone 'else's' trouble (tongue in cheek)
Unread 04-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #16
minigun
User

It doesn't matter Ed. In the gun collecting community we know that you are one of the good ones. And, I'm sure on ebay you have a very good record and one negative just aint gonna hurt you I don't believe. I'm thinking it's hard to go for a real long time without something happening and every transaction being perfect. This guy is just an idiot if not down right fraudulant. The money and mag he received will be a curse to him in the long run I think. He just doesn't know it yet. Anything ill gotten is a curse in either some tiny way or in a huge way.

I just hate paypal and I don't use it no matter how convienient it is.
minigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #17
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

thank you my friend, appreciate it
Unread 04-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #18
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

Ed and all:
I had the exact same experience with a m/c coil that went to the UK. I shipped it Priorioty Mail Intl, but their tracking doesn't show tracking beyond the USA, suggesting that it was sitting in UK Customs. He said he didn't get it (after 3 weeks) and Ebay deducted the money from my PP account and gave it to him. To say I was pi--ed would be an understatement. But life goes on.
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 05:21 AM   #19
Went Blakely
User

Wow... that bad buyer information list is great! He is literally a few minutes either way down the road from me. Is there anything I can do to help here Ed?

I was going to say it definitely sounds like a scamming buyer rather than a misgiving in the shipping. I've had an entire demilled M1 Carbine sent to me without hassle. There's really no trouble if you're doing the right thing (which really... a magazine is just a pressed/extruded piece of metal bar).

I've definitely found selling on eBay is MUCH riskier than buying for the above stated reasons... they ALWAYS seem to favour the buyer. I've been put out 280US by a Belgian buyer who did the same thing. Claiming he never received.
I fought it tooth and nail with post receipts and the lot, and they still decided in his favour. Luckily I had removed half that amount from my account into the bank, and they took the other half. So I half give an item away, foot the bills for listing and he gets it all for nothing. It's a stupid system.
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #20
alanint
User

If the magazine had a serial number or other way to identify it, keep an eye for this clown to post it for sale sometime in the near future.