LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 05-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
minigun
User

Default steampunk in "Priest" movie (StarOfTheWest)

Just saw this movie. Whoa! Looked like it had some steampunk in it (maybe not overly so, but it was still there). More or less it's a futuristic movie with a lot of Catholic Church stuff and vampires. Cool action packed movie, but it may not appeal to some here.

If you like 3D and really, really fast bikes (like 200mph plus speeds with a jet engine with a seat mounted on top type), vampires (really weird faceless ones in this movie) and a super cool fast train, go see it. On the guns, well, this movie is lacking. Only had some futuristic assault rifles here and there and some weird double barrel pistol. Can't shoot these vamps very well as they are too fast.

Overall, I think I'll see it again. But my wife wasn't really into this one and just couldn't figure it out. So, I may have to go by myself next time, rent it or buy it.
minigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Vampires???...or zombies!!!

I like the Resident Evil series...never played the game, but liked the movies...Lots of flesh eating zombies!!!

I watched The Blue Max [1966; George Peppard] this weekend...hadn't seen it in like 20 years...Forgot there were infantry scenes in it...and an infantry officer waving a Luger...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
minigun
User

Naww, these aint zombies they were vampires. I guess the weird faceless ones were the "soldiers" of the sects that existed. They had the normal vampires that looked like zombies, but they were vampires none the less. Okay, maybe they were vampire/zombies. I'm not up on my monster variations but they kept calling them vampires in the movie .

postino; I don't know if you've seen Priest or not, but if you liked Resident Evil, you'll probably like Priest. I wear glasses though and the 3D glasses kind of jacked with my eyes a bit, especially leaving the theater. Whew, it took a bit getting used to the bright sunlight once the movie was over.

"The Blue Max" is just one of those movies they will never improve on. You can't replace ole George Peppard as he was just way too original in that movie. It would be nice to have a re-do of The Blue Max, especially with the new technology of making the planes look like what they looked like and not the upgraded Tigermoths (I think that's what they were in real life) they used in the movie. But, for the day and age that movie was made they did a heck of a job.

I wish they'd make a movie with the same theme and such, but instead of WWI, do a WWII fighter unit. Make it something like the last part of the airwar in Europe with ME 262's or maybe start out with a main character in an ME 109, then his unit gets the ME 262's and ......well you get the idea. I'm suprised they haven't made a movie like that yet.
minigun is offline   Reply With Quote