LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-12-2001, 08:19 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Adding Ralph Shattuck to the Preferred Vendors...

Given the recent World of Lugers/Luger Forum event that Ralph and Nancy graciously hosted for many of us, and given that many from this Board depend on Ralph almost daily (I do, see David's post below, and many others do as well) - I would like to see a "star" added to Ralph Shattuck and World of Lugers in the "Links and Resources" area of this site...

I'm not sure if there is a formal procedure for nominating folks to the preferred vendor status - so if this is not the proper way - my apologies beforehand..!!!

How does everyone else feel about adding Ralph Shattuck and World of Lugers???

Unread 03-12-2001, 08:47 PM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Let me say this...

First off I don't think there is any question that Ralph is a fine fellow and a sterling dealer... however...

When the BOD set up the Preferred Vendor system, it was based on the the fact that anyone who was a dealer/reworker/vendor had to be a frequent contributor to the forum, and participate in the question and answer activities of the forum to get the gold star.

Now I personally have no problem with Ralph getting the preferred vendor status, but if we do that, we have to rethink the criteria under which we grant that status, because it could just become a popularity thing... if we like ya, you get it, and then it will have very little value to the members or the forum.

Food for thought... Just my opinion... I could be wrong.

Unread 03-12-2001, 09:00 PM   #3
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default I understand, but...

I'm not sure that the "Preferred Vendors" format wasn't hammered out on the opening days on this Board after the move, rather then as a formal BOD vote? Just my memory - which can be hazy

Also - I would contend that Ralph cotributes to the folks on this Board as many do who post here - just via more "traditional" methods (e-mail, phone and fax) - rather then frequent posts to this Forum.

Perhaps that lack of posts here is due to Ralph's degree of comfort with this type of format - but that certainly shouldn't discount the value of his contributions to those who do post to this list and the degree he has assisted many on it.

Just my $0.00001

Unread 03-12-2001, 10:22 PM   #4
Ted
User

Default Re: Adding Ralph Shattuck to the Preferred Vendors...

I HEARTILLY SECOND JOHN's motion! Lets give him that star!

I talked to him today, and even after our business was concluded he asked about the family and asked what I was up to this week. A class act and darn fine guy! Ted

Unread 03-12-2001, 10:28 PM   #5
Ted
User

Default Re: I understand, but...Ralph

When Ralph goes to a weekend hunt for Minty Lugers, he comes back and has at least 400 EMAILS to answer. His physical condition is improving but still he gets tired and Nancy is always vigilent to take good care of dear Ralph.

Just to answer that many emails takes a couple of days, add to that all the phone calls, his work with the Sherrif posse. He just cant keep up, witness the lack of formal posting here. There just isnt enough hours in the day. I think it will improve though! Ted

Unread 03-13-2001, 12:06 AM   #6
Russ
User

Default Re: Adding Ralph Shattuck to the Preferred Vendors...

i have known Ralph for sevral years. he has always been #1 with me. give him the star................

Unread 03-13-2001, 08:20 AM   #7
Dok
RIP

Default The AYEs have it!!! I'll add the star immediately!

Unread 03-13-2001, 08:26 AM   #8
Dok
RIP

Default Star Added!...

and I have changed the preamble on the Links & Resources page slightly to make it more all encompassing.