LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 07-25-2003, 12:00 AM   #1
Sieger
User

Post Price Check on Interarms Navy

Hello Luger Friends:

Is $2,750.00 too much to pay for a mint Interarms Navy? If so, what would you pay for this fine pistol?

Bob
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2003, 06:06 PM   #2
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Bob,
actually you are specking about a pistol made (in a limited edition) of 250 examples.
I have some Mauser Parabellum (in USA Interarms) in my collection. I believe the price is adequate.
Ciao
Unread 07-25-2003, 08:03 PM   #3
Navy
RIP

Bob,
I paid $2100 for a slighltly less than mint example (Some moron had fired it)about a year ago.
Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2003, 08:36 PM   #4
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Tom A:
<strong>(Some moron had fired it) about a year ago.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Tom, I thought guns were made to be fired?

Reminds me of the ire raised on gun boards when someone says that they sporterized some Mosin rifle... {{I too like 'em original too, but they are tools aren't they?}}

Ed {not meaning to irritate the hell out of you too bad...}
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2003, 10:50 PM   #5
Sieger
User

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Edward Tinker:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Tom A:
<strong>(Some moron had fired it) about a year ago.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Tom, I thought guns were made to be fired?

Reminds me of the ire raised on gun boards when someone says that they sporterized some Mosin rifle... {{I too like 'em original too, but they are tools aren't they?}}

Ed {not meaning to irritate the hell out of you too bad...}</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Dear Ed:

Generally, amen baby, AMEN, as I like to shoot them all!!!

This one I might not shoot and just be satisfied to look at, because it is, indeed, only 1 of only 250 made.

Bob
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2003, 03:23 AM   #6
Navy
RIP

All,
Shooting collector pieces is like asking someone what church do they attend. Everyone has a different point of view. From my limited perspective, shooting collector grade guns is incurring substantial risk (Old parts with SNs break)with no concurrent up-side potential payback.

In short, risk with no potential reward.

Rational people don't select this course of action.

If one is compelled to shoot a Luger, then by all means do so. But please do it anyone of the thousands of "shooters" that are floating around.

Tom A.
Who is concerned about endangered species: Collector-Grade Lugers.
Unread 07-26-2003, 05:19 AM   #7
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts
Tom, I entirely agree with this point of view. I have never shot my 1917 Imperial 6" Navy even though I would dearly love to. As to Bob's question I wonder if $2700.00 is a little too much money for a pistol one never intends to shoot? I guess if ya got em, smoke em. Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2003, 06:05 AM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Tom A:
<strong>If one is compelled to shoot a Luger, then by all means do so. But please do it anyone of the thousands of "shooters" that are floating around. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Tom, wasn't disagreeing, as the collector pieces I have, I won't shoot, although I think it is a shame at times, but not being made of money, well I'm speaking to the choir, silly to blow a $1,000 when my couple of shooter Lugers can fulfill that need.

On the other hand, anyone that shoots a "collector" makes mine worth more, And a newer gun, such as the above Navy, I can't blame somebody wanting to shoot it. Besides on the other thread of the Thompson, that is what? A $12,000 weapon? All perspective, but I have my father in laws 2nd generation SSA, and I'd like to shoot it, but its really pristine, like 98% untouched. So I won't ever even consider shooting it.

Ed

Unread 07-27-2003, 01:11 AM   #9
Navy
RIP

A good 1921 Tommy will cost a biy more than $12K; quite a bit more. The good news on them is that original replacement parts are readily available (but not cheap) and they wre unnumbered. So blasting away with a $20K Tommy at the range and something goes wrong, something breaks. Let not your heart be troubled, a fix is easy and doesnot detract from the value, unless, of course, you do something like crack the receiver, but that only happens in those awful West Hurley guns, to the best of my knowledge.

Tom A.
Unread 07-27-2003, 01:37 AM   #10
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

ohhhh, didn't know that, not as scary when you break a part and you can replace it with another vintage part without the "parts" police coming after you (tongue in cheek of course)

Ed

Unread 07-27-2003, 02:24 AM   #11
Navy
RIP

Ed, Ed, Ed...
When you are playing the Title II game, the parts police is not a major concern; in fact, it is in the noise level. What you worry about is the maze of laws: Fed, State and local that are always confusing, frequently contradictory and seldom enforced uniformly. A mis-step and its you and your new friend Bubba at Club Fed.

When I "voluntarily" (And that's a whole n'uther story of Demokrat fascism) surrendered my SOT to the Klintonistas (Along with my Type 01 FFL), I felt relieved that some of the potential legal liability that could be accidentally incurred was gone. In retrospect, should I do a Type 01 again, I would probably do Title II stuff exclusively, just to avoid the ambiguity.

Naaaah, parts police are in the pissant category with Class III.
Tom A