LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Glocktenman
New User

Default Stainless Steel American Eagle

First post here! Last year I was on a range and a guy had a Luger 9mm. I asked to look at it and he asked if I wanted to shoot it. Well, heck yea! So, I shoot my first Luger. I've owned a P38 in the past and enjoyed shooting it.

So, I thought I'd start looking for a Luger of my own. Then I saw it...the SS American Eagle. It was less expensive than many of the "real" Lugers I found. I've now got one. Its a great looking handgun and I'm very proud of it.

My first shooting session I discovered several things: 1) The mag is a PITA to load....IMO. My cartridges seem to stick to the inside of the mag lips even when I remove pressure on the follower. 2) When I shoot it I get good accurate hits at point of aim. 3) Sometimes the trigger doesnt reset but it'll shoot if I just pull the trigger again. It happens maybe once or twice a mag. 4) I got only one mag with the pistol. 5) It cycles great...feed, extract, eject. 6) It's super cool looking!

So, is the mag problem normal? Where can I get some fair priced mags? I looked on gun broker and found most were $100-150. I saw some mecgar ones on the web but they all seem to be out of stock.

Is the trigger reset an issue of a good cleaning or is it something that might need fixing otherwise?

I'd be stoked if the trigger issue was corrected. I'm very happy with the looks of the pistol and the mag issue might just be with this mag.

Thanks in advance on any advise or info.
Glocktenman is offline   Reply With Quote