LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-12-2001, 04:03 PM   #1
bill mc donough
User

Default why dont we make a parts list?

why dont we get together and put up a want ad that everyone could see the parts for sale to help the people missing parts i have about 40 to 50 parts for sale any feedback? bill mc donough out!

Unread 02-12-2001, 04:19 PM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default You could list them in the classifieds...

or is there too many, and then what format would you suggest?

Unread 02-12-2001, 05:05 PM   #3
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default A parts list would be great !!!

I don't know the best approach, but maybe we (Dok) could come up with a list format that could be put in a section similar to Owner'Corner. The parts list would be particular to a member of the forum. The list would have to be detailed as to S/N and nomenclature (not the little thingy that goes in the magazine) We could use the nomenclature already in the website. The cost of the item should be included. It would be a lot of work for someone with a lot of parts, but may be worth it. of course the owner would have to be willing to part with the parts advertised. Good thought bill mc.

Unread 02-12-2001, 05:37 PM   #4
Dok
RIP

Default I can tell you...

that would be a hell of a lot of work to update and keep current. Very labour intensive. Wouldn't get my vote.

Unread 02-12-2001, 06:24 PM   #5
RET
User

Default Listing parts for sale

The KISS principle should apply here: all the elements are in place now for someone to list any and all parts that they have for sale without having to devise some data base of parts and sellers.

Let's not make Dok's life any more complex: it would be nice to have this facility, but the effort does not seem to be justified by the potential number of parts, sellers and buyers. I don't think that we should consider doing this until justified by the volume of parts, and etc.

Simply list the part(s) with the proper nomenclature and the asking price in a single ad using the input form provided. I would suggest making a list in a spreadsheet or text processor if it is too long and unwieldy to deal with in the form editor itself, (and saving it separately, if desired), and then cutting and pasting the information into the "Post a Classified Ad" text window. The window will accept up to 300 words, and another ad could be run if the list exceeded this length.

The ad could even be revised or deleted and reposted as needed as the parts are sold.

Bill Mc donough, please list your parts now and don't wait for a better method. I am sure that you will find interested buyers here.

Best regards.

Bob

Unread 02-12-2001, 07:31 PM   #6
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Psssstttt - hey DOK......

Yep - it's a LOT of work - agreed... BUT....

YOU WOULD GET FIRST CHOICE of all those parts BEFORE anyone else saw them:-)

Just an FYI - and being Webmeister does have its privileges

Unread 02-12-2001, 08:39 PM   #7
Dok
RIP

Default Trust you..... :D (EOM)

Unread 02-13-2001, 01:34 AM   #8
David Jackson
User

Default Re: Listing parts for sale

I second the motion for a parts list. I just checked out the classifieds for the first time and see one Forum member has a list of shooters with prices. Obviously the same could be done with the parts a member wants to sell.

Unread 02-13-2001, 08:29 AM   #9
tom heller

Default Re: Listing parts for sale

Billy Mc & al: I must agree with RET, as I've considered posting a Hoffschmidt exploded drawing of the PO8 on my website (like the Gun Parts catalog) but a single price for each part doesn't tell the whole story. Condition is the most important factor, is the part a new usused unmarked armour's spare? a serialized military or commerical part? Exc, VG, G, Fair, Poor orig blue, Pitted, repaired? I'd have to list at least 10 prices for some parts. What gun is it going into (proofs and die size) DWM, Erfurt, KH, Simson, Mauser (rust or salt blued)? Most big parts houses don't care and won't bother to check for these MINOR details, so what you get is a matter of luck.