LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Unread 06-16-2002, 08:34 PM   #1
Mike Jones
User

Post Interesting post / thread from Ralph 04/29/02

I just became aware of the Luger Fourm in the last couple of weeks. Have been reading some of the postings & threads from the old Fourm and this one from Ralph Shattuck caught my eye on the .45 Lugers. As follows:

Re: .45Carbine(Reposted)

posted by: Ralph E Shattuck
Date: on 4/29/02 at 5:06pm

" Goog afternoon: What serial No is the 45 in the Museum in LA on display? The One Harry Jones Found after the fight with SID Aberman about his "FAKE" 45 Luger. An interesting Story in 1945. Yes its the same one that sold for $1,000000.00. See even the Experts then Could be wrong. You have older Collector's that remember. HISTORY QUESTION: What Town did Sid find the 45 in? Prize is a FREE PAD ON THE BACK."

I,for one,and am sure there are others that would like to hear this "Interesting story in 1945" between Harry Jones and Sid Aberman concerning serial #2 45 Luger. From an "older collectors that remember." Maybe it would shed some light on the 45 Lugers and the mystery that surrounds them.

Sincerely,
Mike Jones
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2002, 11:24 PM   #2
Jan C Still
User

Mike Jones
There is a lot of interest on the Luger Forum concerning the . 45 caliber Lugers. I for one am confused concerning the history of the early .45 Lugers.

Two are displayed in "LUGER VARIATIONS" (1959, 1975). One does not have a serial number and is from the collection the R.W. Norton Jr.; the other is serial number 2. and from the Aberman collection.

It would be very interesting to know about the fight between Aberman and Jones in 1945 concerning this Luger. Fortunatley Ralph Shattuck is a member of this form. I am sure that he will explain the details of this story.
Jan C. Still
Jan C Still is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2002, 07:17 PM   #3
Johnny Peppers
User

Mike may correct me on this one, but I had always heard that the Sidney Aberman .45 Luger was obtained from Springfield Armory along with all the related correspondence sometime shortly after WWII. The pistol was well known, and if you were policitally connected you could obtain rare and unusual firearms from Springfield.
The .45 Luger that was sold to R.W.Norton was not sold until the 1960 time period. The two .45 Lugers were obtained some 15 years apart if I remember the sequence of events correctly.
Johnny Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2002, 11:42 PM   #4
Orv Reichert
RIP

Thumbs up

I am hoping that Ralph Shattuck will share his memories of the history of these .45 Cal. Lugers with us?

Orv Reichert