LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 09-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
cszy67
New User

Default trying to help my great aunt

Hello everyone - my father contacted me recently to inform me that my great aunt is not doing very well and may pass soon. She asked my father to sell off the firearms left by my great uncle. My grandfather and all of his brothers served in WWII and this particular pistol was brought back by my great uncle who has passed many years ago.

I would like to find out as much information as I can about it and ultimately establish a fair market value. My family has no desire to overprice this piece but we wish to act in the best interests of my great aunt also.

After reading many of the posts on this forum I have been very impressed with the amount of knowledge present. If you would be willing to take a few moments, view the photos, and share your expert opinion (or even a link to additional info) this would be greatly appreciated.

My father and I both own and love firearms but we have no knowledge regarding this one. Thank you in advance for your help and if you have a request for additional photos just let me know and I will have my father take more.

Respectfully submitted,

Chet Szymecki Jr.
Erie, PA/Yorktown, VA

PS - There is a holster with this also.

cszy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts

Chet, welcome to the forum! A couple of things, It is a 1918 Erfurt, that was gov't property stamped in 1920, the top where the numbers are appear to be reblued, but the rest does not? So, first question, is it all matching, including firing pin, grips, etc?

If not, then $500-$650, the sideplate is a bit rougher...

Add another $50-$150 for the holster, depending on condition, if it has been cut down, etc. and also the color and how marked.

What other types of guns? Lots of us collect other things.

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote