LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 11-15-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
fausto
User

Default More tools and gauges...

Hello! Very new to the Forum, so, first of all, regards to you all. I collect military pistols and revolvers, with a special eye to Lugers. I love a lot any sort of related items, ancillaries, gauges, tools and so on. I would like to share with you some items in my collection. Nothing so special but two or three items are not so often encountered.
The first drawer is dedicated to Swiss stuff. The two interesting pieces are, in the center, the "Richtvirrichtung WD30-130 der W+F fur den Abzugwinkelhebel"... that's to say, as you can see, a tool to bent the trigger lever and reach the proper trigger pressure. Just above (and left to it) the round "drum" is a gauge to check the proper height of the bullet cannelure. You can see a bullet inside the tool. The rest is normal stuff...Btw, all Parabellum 1906/29 parts are not stripped from guns, but are all original spare parts from W+F.
Tha second drawer: worth of note are the gauges: two firing pin protrusion and profile (one Army and one Police), and many headspace go and no-go gauges. The three on the small pad are DDR (I had them from Mauro...) and are 100% original. The rest are Nazi P08 and P38 and one (left) is for bore wear. If original they would be fantastic. But I wouldn't swear on them...They could be mastepieces of fakery... Also interesting, under them, the nine toggle pins with increasing diameter, all numbered. Origin uncertain. They seem very old but they could be from 70s Mauser commercial production. In the center of the picture a muzzle protector and a sight adjuster from Sweden. Also worth of note, besides the magazines, a Swiss military tool to fix a dented magazine. Thanks for your attention. Any comment is obviously welcome!
Fausto
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Swiss tools.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	9660  

Click image for larger version

Name:	random tools.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	9661  

fausto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
A.Mifsin
User

A very interesting collection you have, thank you for sharing.
Hope that you will post more pictures of the rest of your collection.
Alf.
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Hi Fausto,
Nice set indeed.
As you know I like as well gauges. They are interesting add-on for all the Luger collectors.
Thank you for sharing.
Mauro
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
klaus 3338
User

Hello Fausto,
nice Luger accessories!
The sight adjuster and the muzzle protector from Sweden were sold and probably made by Moritz Widforss. There are 6 tool in a line- the left 5 are Third Reich, the 6. seems to be Imperial or Weimar. Bob Simpson is selling an origin Erma muzzle protector- this one would be nice with your set! If you would show a close up photo of your muzzle protectors we could see if they are good.
By the way: Itīs a Swiss Richtvorrichtung- a good tool to make a good Abzug (I donīt know the correct Engish word).
Regards Klaus
klaus 3338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
fausto
User

Thanks guys, thanks to you all! I will surely post more pictures, not only of accessories but also of the "real stuff". Not so many pieces, ma two or three are outstanding. Yes, Mauro, gauges and so are very exciting items... And I know that you have many gems in your drawers...
And yes, Klaus, the spelling of the W+F was uncorrect: thanks for fixing it. It is "Richtvorrichtung", indeed. And you are right again: the two Sweden tools are made and marked by Moritz Widforrs. Btw the three stripping tools on the right are from Finland: two marked SA and one marked SA 44. Thanks for your comments !!
Fausto
fausto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

You all have fascinating collections of tools and gauges!!!

Back in '71, I assisted the Battalion Armorer and I can recall that we had very few tools/gauges for the 1911A1's/M16's we were armed with; there were more for the M60's/M2's but we were only 2nd Echelon Maintenance...3rd and 4th Echelon would have had all the really definitive tooling for maintenance, repair, and replacement...

Would any of you know what levels of maintenance the WW I/WW II German Army would have had???

(For example: USMC circa 1970 -

1st Echelon = User maintenance
2nd Echelon = Minor Repairs/"Parts Changers"/Battalion Level
3rd Echelon = Major Repairs/Division Level
4th Echelon = Rebuilds/Arsenal Level
5th Echelon = Reclamation/Parts Re-Issue/Arsenal Level)
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote