LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-29-2001, 10:44 AM   #1
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Luger used in Armed Robbery in Australia
Interesting to see is that the illegal guns used in crimes in Sweden is for the most part smuggeld in to Sweden from The former East block and Jugoslavia.

The wonderfull EU have removed all customs so people and stuff are moving freely in and out of the country.

When one comperes crimes and gunlaws over europe its easy to see the path.

The more liberal the druglaws is the harder the gunlaws is and the more crime there is.

Holland and England have a very bad situation when it comes to drug and guns while Switserland, Austria, Sweden and Norway is quite the opposite.

Regards HÃ?Â¥kan

Unread 08-30-2001, 01:33 AM   #5
Thor
User

Default Re: Crimes and gunlaws

Hakan, thanks for sharing that information with us! ~Thor~

Unread 08-30-2001, 03:08 AM   #6
Big Norm
RIP

HÃ?Â¥kan,

as ususal, I enjoyed your discussion. A little while back I dated a girl from Norway. Early on I decided that she was too young for me but I thought that I could learn about Europe from her and have some fun cheap dates. Apparently there is a mandatory military service for men and women in Norway. But I decided to take her out for a cheap, but good, fish dinner date to a local shooting range and do some shooting with one of my lugers afterward. She just loved the fish dinner and it made me her friend for life. Then we went shooting. I thought that shooting one of my Lugers would impress her. But the shooting range range master made us use their ammo on the indoor range. That ammo was badly under powered and caused the Lugers to jam a lot. After I explained what was happening, she handled the Lugers like a professional and unjammed them herself without my help. She was one of those rare women who felt very comfortable with guns and we went shooting often before she went back to Norway.

The I dated a girl from Germany. She would go shooting but didn't like it. I talked to her parents and they told me that the gun laws in Germany were only a little bit tougher than the gun laws in Michigan. That surprised me since I thought that guns in Germany were outlawed, particularly Nazi era guns. Her parents are anti gun, so her and I only go out on occasion for laughs and nothing will come of it. Too bad.

But I did learn something about both countries. Your discussion added even more in my confusing arsenal of knowledge about Europe. Now if you can only explain to me how Norwegians can grow grass on their roofs without the wood in the roofs rotting and caving in. And why Europeans don't know anything about putting screens on their windows and doors to keep bugs out of their houses? Then, if you have time please tell me why snow falls and rain drops.

Big Norm the Bachelor

Unread 08-30-2001, 01:11 PM   #7
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,429 Posts

John, It's facinating to see such good photos of a bank robbery. Here in the U.S. the cameras employed are much more rudementary. Banks here could profit a great deal from this Aussy technology,If they were willing to take advantage by paying for it. Of course that would mean putting someone in jail and liberal america seems hesitant to do that , maybe because he needed the money? Heck, he could have sold the pistol for more than he got!Jerry

Unread 08-30-2001, 01:16 PM   #8
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default I would still like someone in Australia to find out where the weapon

was obtained. Was it registered to him? or was it stolen?