LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-28-2001, 01:17 PM   #1
tom
User

Default Markings on Doneslaar's Dutch Luger

John et al,

The markings on the rear of your Dutch piece are duplicates of markings on the back of two Siamese police Mauser contract pieces I have seen (I own one of them) It translates Siamese National Police. How your gun got into Siamese hands is a mystery, but I would speculate that your gun was surrendered to the Japanese during the early days of the war and was subsequently re-issued to Japanese forces in Indo-China. Perhaps surrendered to Saimese officials in August '45...who knows? But the markings are definately Siamese.

Tom

Unread 08-30-2001, 05:39 PM   #2
John van Donselaar

Default Re: Markings on Doneslaar's Dutch Luger

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for the information that you supplied!

I�´ve been checking my books again and guess what; in "The Dutch luger" (by Martens & De Vries (if you�´re interested in lugers this book is a MUST!!)) a Dutch luger is mentioned on which Siamese marking where found. This will probably mean that not just one, but a batch of Dutch lugers where issued/captured/transferred to the Siamese police.

Does your luger carries any other markings which could indicate that the gun was issued/used to/by a previous "owner", or does your gun seems to be delivered directy to the Siamese authoreties?

Thanks again and look forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

John

Unread 09-02-2001, 08:44 PM   #3
tom
User

Default Re: Markings on Doneslaar's Dutch Luger

Hi John,

Mine has no other markings; I am proud to say, however, I have a matching magazine and my pistol is listed on the Odin import list as being in "exc condition w/matching mag";I think it is probably the best Siamese contract in existence.

If you are into Dutch Lugers, I have a Vickers I am putting up for sale along with the Indonesian holster, a proper type lanyard and pin punch......Not cheap but VERY hard to find. Also have 2 Dutch Navy pistols and holsters that are going up for sale. I am going to concentrate on Imperial german Navy guns.

If you are intetested, drop me a note off list at catofong@aol.com

Tom