LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 07-31-2006, 05:21 AM   #1
laoshi75
User

Default "Lugerholsterrepair" products...

Hello Gentlemen,

I just got the LP08 shoulder straps I ordered to ?« Lugerholsterrepair ?» (Jerry), and they are the best ones I have ever seen ! they are the exact high quality copy of the original strap, the leather keepers are hand stitched with linen thread, patterned holes and 2 steel studs which have been made to exact specifications from an original LP08 stud. Jerry treated and aged my straps in accordance with the color of my holsters... Really great items !
If you have any problem with your holsters or if you need repro leather parts, do not hesitate gentlemen, I strongly recommend â??Lugerholsterrepairâ?. As a luger expert and a skilled artist Jerry will find a solution for you. Thank you Jerry (and Ellie) !
laoshi75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2006, 08:55 AM   #2
Navy
RIP

There ain't a ledermeister better than Jerry B. And I am proud to be his first and maybe best customer.

Tom A
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Christian and Tom, Many thanks for your comments about my work. It is much appreciated . I strive to be an asset to collectors in providing quality Luger leather accoutrements and repairs of all pre 45 holsters unavailable elswhere. I do thank you for your patronage, Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Jerry, if there is a young leather and Luger enthusiast living near you, may I suggest that you start a training program for some worthy apprentice...
Having all the eggs in one basket sure is a precarious situation... what if you forget to look both ways when you cross the street??

Please make some plans to pass on these skills to the next generation...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #5
Don M
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Makes me want to purchase a dog of a holster to have it transformed. Congratulations, Jerry.

Author of History Writ in Steel: German Police Markings 1900-1936
http://www.historywritinsteel.com
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #6
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

John, I wish it were that simple. It is quite difficult to find anyone with ANY kind of interest in this field. It is demanding meticulous work with little financial reward. I am not complaining of course, it's got to be a labor of love. I really enjoy what I do but the hours required put it into the slave labor catagory. I mostly work weekends as well as all week. I often spend a minimum of 10 hours a day at my leather bench. Some of the time I look at my computer to rest my eyes and it is a distraction from pushing a needle.
I took it up as a challenge from Tom Armstrong after Frank DeMauro died. I wouldn't trade it now as it is a passion but I could not depend on it to pay my bills. A younger person with real life responsibilities would soon find work that paid better.
I just did a pretty major holster restoration for a client ($175.00) and it seems like a lot..It took me the better part of three days, working untill 9PM at night. For those who are mathmatically challenged, that is approximately 60 bucks for a very long and intense working day. Somewhere near $6-$7 bucks an hour.
I don't think there will be many willing applicants for a job that requires long hours and meticulous attention to detail.
So, when I decide to hang up my leather apron it will take another with the passion and skills as well as spare time to carry on. I cannot imagine who that would be. They will have to learn it all over again, just as I did.
Thanks to all...Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,519 Times in 939 Posts

I have had three holsters repaired by Jerry. All of them exceeded my expectations. I also purchased a firearm from Jerry. What a pleasant experience to deal with an honest, conscientious , service oriented person. I have never personally met Jerry or Ellie. I only hope I can someday. They are my kind of people. Bill
Unread 08-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #8
the gunman
User

"There Is Nothing But Praise That Can Be Said Of This Fine Gentlemans Work Or Of His honesty" I fear that as he says to find a replacement is near impossible.
the gunman is offline   Reply With Quote