LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 04-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #21
318is_Parabellum
User

'Doc,
I sent John a pm regarding his vopo R side grip early this afternoon. I received a set from Numrich today, and the RH fits even worse than the crappy made in India Sarco grips that were on my Simson

Looking at the various photos of "Vopo" lugers with the East German bullseye grips, mine don't measure up at all, and I have serious doubts that mine are authentic. For $42 shipped, I expected something that looked more like what was pictured in SteveM's post above, or at least better than what I got. Are these grips real? I'm angry, and I feel like I've been ripped off.

ETA: Mods, sorry for the attempted thread hijack. Please move this post to its own thread. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0252[1].jpg
Views:	23
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	41120  

Name:	DSCF0255[1].jpg
Views:	24
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	41121  

Name:	DSCF0246[1].jpg
Views:	23
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	41122  

Last edited by 318is_Parabellum; 04-07-2014 at 10:16 PM. Reason: This needs its own thread, I suppose.
318is_Parabellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #22
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

I am still looking for that right grip. I should find it tonight.

Tom, 318is_Parabellum has first dibbs, but if his grips are both reproduction, I would recommend he send them back, in which case I will contact you about the right grip.

From what I see in the photos above, it appears that the grips you received for $42.00 may not be genuine, but reproductions of the EG grips. As soon as I find my genuine grip I will be better able to tell. I should find it tonight. 318is_Parabellum, How well does the left grip fit?

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #23
318is_Parabellum
User

John,
Thanks again for your assistance! The left grip seems to fit pretty well, truth be told. I've done some more looking at photos of 'vopo' lugers, and I'm becoming more convinced that what I have are reproductions. The 'bullseye' just doesn't look right, nor does the color of plastic.

Is Numrich a reputable company? This is why I absolutely hate ordering stuff sight unseen, or at least based upon a low-resolution photo. Ugh. Just my luck.

ETA: Confirmed. My "vopo" grips are cheap plastic repros. I'm sending them back to Numrich. I guess I have to go the 'WTB' route, and hope. Apologies again for the thread hijack.
318is_Parabellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #24
danielsand
User

I hope Zorba doesn't mind his thread beeing jacked?

Numrich? Had good and BAD experience with them over the years. Some good Mauser (Yugo M48, Spanish "La Coruna"), and some good M1/M2 Carbine parts I purchased from them. Latest purchase was a TOTAL disappointment. Wanted a set of "shooting grips" for my Erfurt, and after a LONG deliberation, decided on wood repros. From Numrich. "Laser cut". My foot!!! Laser must've been WAAAAY off!

I expected "some fitting", but.......oversize grips CAN be fitted (and I'm pretty good at that!), but UNDERSIZED are a total loss! I was so discusted, I didn't even bother to send them back. GARBAGE.

Plastic repros just look too cheap, and I would not insult my Imperial Parabellum with anything looking CHEAP. I was on the fence about faux stag for a while, but faux is just that,....faux.

Anyone knows somebody that MAKES custom wood grips to order? (like in the perfect world,......wax imprint of the frame shipped to the master wood worker, and he makes the pair to the EXACT dimensions?)

I've seen pics of some NICE repros fitted, and they had all kinds of designs, and other stuff carved into them. Where do people find those? Money is no object.
danielsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2014, 01:20 AM   #25
Zorba
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsand View Post
I hope Zorba doesn't mind his thread beeing jacked?
Doesn't matter to me - I got some good info, some good advice, and a pair of free grips outta the deal. Thread morphs are good, I for one am learning even more!
Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Zorba for your post:
Unread 04-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #26
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

[QUOTE=danielsand;253020
Anyone knows somebody that MAKES custom wood grips to order? [/QUOTE]

You might want to rattle the chain of Hugh Clark, who is a forum member well able to do this job.
Unread 04-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #27
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

User, If money is no object, the closest repros to the originals are the NIL grips from Germany. I stopped stocking them when the dealer cost went over $100/set. TH
The following member says Thank You to Lugerdoc for your post:
Unread 04-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #28
antonio_liviero
User

Daniel,
I purchased a pair of grips from Nill Griffe and they are really well done, but they still needed a little work to be fitted in my Alphabet Commercial.
Anyway, this is the link to Nill's website.

http://www.nill-griffe.com/

Regards,
Antonio
antonio_liviero is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to antonio_liviero for your post: