LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Closed Thread
Unread 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM   #41
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,873 Times in 1,184 Posts

Somehow this thread seems to derail everytime. Please let's stay on topic and try to stay away from the 'funny' remarks. As some already tried to explain (thanks guys), it's not always clear when one is joking, insulting, or 'trolling'.
Unread 06-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #42
Rick W.
User

I have seen one example of the CMR leather for a Luger, not mine. It was not the cats, but was fine for the money. Plenty durable, some would say fair to good value for the money spent.

With originals priced at collectors numbers, most holsters/stocks are out of reach of most. Lots of funny money in some of these for lots of reasons, but not into such FM discussions anymore.

Are they as good as the originals? probably not to some; but to some will fill their needs for money they can expend. I have seen $500+++ Luger holsters made up(7 shot type) that is hard to see the value myself, but to others tis fine. No real problem with that.

The board stock I believe comes with oversized iron, just because of the need to be fitted to a hand built pistol. I seem to recall that the Lugers were all handbuilt/fitted/tuned. One would wonder about originals being traded about, and the relative fit on various pieces. My Artillery wood, numbered etc(wow for me huh) does not fit on any other Luger that I own. Just a single example, not a true trial by any means. I think if I would buy an iron/wood for a Luger or Navy, it would have to be oversized for my fitting; or physically tried on said piece. Ever try to buy vintage or new piece parts for the iron? Never have, never hope to. Fitting an iron is not rocket science or overly difficult.

All in all, I cannot harp on the CMR offerings; I cannot make such for their prices, is there another source other than super expensive originals? One gets what they pay for, but there is always another side of the coin to consider such as basic requirement definitions for ones own needs/atmosphere.
Unread 06-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #43
Kitkat041836
RIP

Thumbs up Odin Stocks and stock irons

The Odin Navy stock and the Odin Artillery stock that were made about 30 years ago fit very nice but are hard to find
now. The iron on them went on with very little fitting.
That has been what I have found. I think they were made in Spain.
Thanks George
Unread 06-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #44
calibrator
User

++1 for the Odin stocks. I found one after purchasing the CMR rig (it fit great ) and selling the CMR stock quickly. I actually talked to Mr. Roscoe when I ordered mine and asked if he could actually put an LP 08 in the holster he sent me, as the Paki one I got from Sarco was laughably tight and I was lucky I was able to get my mag back out of their pouch without plier damage. Mr. Roscoe made a comment that suggested that his leather was being made by a company whose roots were experienced with ... ??? Anyhow, one thing I've found is if your stock is a bit loose, cut a slice of a business card the width of the lug and insert it between the stock and the pistol upon mating. It will make ALOT of difference and will stay inplace if you make it longer so there are little tabs to be bent over the stock iron. YMMV Joe
Unread 06-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #45
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlim View Post
Somehow this thread seems to derail everytime....it's not always clear when one is joking, insulting, or 'trolling'.
Not sure if that was intended for me, but the link to the Dutch holster was because the seller had made the statement that others were making their repros from stray dogs...

I know that Air Force flight jackets are made from horsehide (I have two), and my Bundeswehr Luftwaffe flight jacket is made from pigskin, but this was the first I'd heard of leathermakers using dog hide...

I think both the Dutch holster (the repro) and the CMR holsters look pretty good...and IMO the price is reasonable...
Unread 06-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #46
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Rich, No one is making leather goods from doggy hide! The seller was just being clever.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
Unread 06-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #47
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Quote:
Not sure if that was intended for me
It wasn't
Unread 06-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #48
hgreer2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by postino View Post
Not sure if that was intended for me, but the link to the Dutch holster was because the seller had made the statement that others were making their repros from stray dogs...

I know that Air Force flight jackets are made from horsehide (I have two), and my Bundeswehr Luftwaffe flight jacket is made from pigskin, but this was the first I'd heard of leathermakers using dog hide...

I think both the Dutch holster (the repro) and the CMR holsters look pretty good...and IMO the price is reasonable...
Not you, me, I attemped to make a joke that some didn't find the least bit funny even though I put a ROTFLMAO smiley after my post it was still misunderstood, I guess we need a lesson on what smileys mean. I am beginning to wonder if humor is not appreciated here, why do we bother to have smileys. In the future I will be serious or be quiet. Please pardon yet another discretion on my part. To those of you with no sense of humor, I truly pity you.

Harry
Unread 06-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #49
hgreer2
Banned

I would like to warn anyone that is planning on buying from CMR to be aware of his shipping prices. I was going to order a repo snail drum canvas pouch, the price is 100 bucks, but the shipping is 86 bucks. I have bought items from Germany, China, Australia, England, Japan and France and the prices were no where near his shipping prices. I think he make may up for the cheap price on the item by a making extra on shipping.

Just my thoughts,
Harry

Shipping Method

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.
Loss or damage: Minimum insurance applies. Insurance is customers responsibility.
Weight: 0.1 kg

Parcel Force
World Wide Parcels $86.00
Unread 06-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #50
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgreer2 View Post

Parcel Force
World Wide Parcels $86.00
Royal Mail Registered
Signature on Delivery. $33.00
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #51
hgreer2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by postino View Post
Royal Mail Registered
Signature on Delivery. $33.00
That would be a delivery inside of England, not overseas.

Harry
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #52
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgreer2 View Post
That would be a delivery inside of England, not overseas.

Harry
That's to my US address. The $86 was the first option; the $33 was the second.

I deliver Royal Mail almost every day. The local college has several UK professors; one is a MBE and lives on my route.
Unread 06-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #53
hgreer2
Banned

Can't argue with one of the UPS finests.

Harry
Unread 06-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #54
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

I agree and believe I mentioned this in a previous post. CMR shipping is really prohibitive. It is deffinately a factor when ordering anything from them.

Harry..I have been a participant on this Gun Board and the Luger Forum for some years now and have poked some fun and made some jokes but I don't believe I have ever used a smiley face to make a point. They too can be misinterpreted. Of course I have not been in a mall in 30 years, I have never been in a Starbucks and have never bought a lottery ticket. I just seem to do without some things others consider normal!

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #55
hgreer2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugerholsterrepair View Post
I agree and believe I mentioned this in a previous post. CMR shipping is really prohibitive. It is deffinately a factor when ordering anything from them.

Harry..I have been a participant on this Gun Board and the Luger Forum for some years now and have poked some fun and made some jokes but I don't believe I have ever used a smiley face to make a point. They too can be misinterpreted. Of course I have not been in a mall in 30 years, I have never been in a Starbucks and have never bought a lottery ticket. I just seem to do without some things others consider normal!
George and I talk everyday, we joke, poke fun at each other and have a great time. If I were to just post the words, you would think we hated each other, but that is not the case at all. Smileys do there best to try and explain the mood of the post, it just seems to be wasted sometimes on some people. Sorry if I am misunderstood, life without a little humor is an abysmal existence in my opinion regardless of the subject.

Harry
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #56
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,519 Times in 939 Posts

Harry
Must have been me also since my answer to you was deleted. That's a first for me. Oh well times change. I feel when a post is deleted we at least deserve a PM on why. Bill
Unread 06-15-2011, 01:48 AM   #57
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Guys, KEEP ON TOPIC PLEASE!!!
Closed Thread