LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 11-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #41
ratdog
User

Pete, he only has the one pic in the ad, and it DOES NOT show the problem areas. Unless you are seeing something I'm not, there are only three pics in the ad, both sides of the gun and one of the holster. If you see those problems in that one pic, you are Superman!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, my eye isn't that TRAINED!!!
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2006, 07:40 PM   #42
Pete Ebbink
User

Sorry, Bruce...from your last posting with the 3 holster photos, I assumed the current G-A ad you mentioned included the 3 holster photos.

It appears from your initial deal with him, he only provided 1 photo and no text warning of what was wrong with the holster. In that case, I do not blame you for feeling scammed.

If the current G-A ad does indeed have these 3 holster photos, folks wanting to buy it for $ 250 really deserve it, don't they...???
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2006, 07:47 PM   #43
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Pete, The three photo's on page 2 I assume are ones taken by Bruce..The current ad in G-A reads , holster is in good condtion,battle used. On what Planet? This holster is not only trashed but unfixable. Anyone claiming it is in good condition and providing one photo of the front, closed, is intending to commit fraud. I wouldn't give $25.00 for the thing. I have better holsters in my junk pile.
It cannot be fixed because of the hole in the magazine pouch. That is there forever.
The tool pouch and the buckle fixture could be repaired but it would run a hundred bucks and then I wouldn't recommend to a client to fix it. The hole in the mag pouch is a deal killer. All of these problems indicate the holster leather is in bad shape due to water or some other problem.
Not to disclose these problems and to say the holster is in good condtion,battle used is something no one with a concience would do.

This is the same kind of discription I got when I bought an SA dagger from Tim Babcock. A glowing discription and when I got the dagger, after sending him 400 hard earned after tax dollars, it turned out to be similar to this holster. The worse thing is, Tim Babcock was a member of this Forum when I was sucked into his web.
I am currently trying to get him to return the $200 dollars he owes me and If I cannot get satisfaction in short order I have several options for remedy. One of them being the excellent site Bruce has posted here on the MI Attorney Generals Office and their Internet fraud complaint form.
Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 06:56 AM   #44
ratdog
User

Jerry, how does the saying go? "steal from Peter to pay Paul!" Tim should have no problem paying you the 200$ he owes you, he can take it from my 600$ he stole!!!! I think you should still file that online form, send the message home to him. Later.....................Bruce

Oh yeah, I took those pics of the holster "he" sold me, of course through a third party and something he never saw or touched!!!!!!
Unread 11-28-2006, 12:11 PM   #45
Pete Ebbink
User

Thanks, Guys, for clearing up where the 3 photos came from. I was on the wrong-track thinking they came from a current G-A ad and that he was providing more concise ads.

Looks like Tim deserves your criticisms...
Unread 11-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #46
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Tim should have no problem paying you the 200$ he owes you, he can take it from my 600$ he stole!!!!
okay, I am confused, is Tim Babcock also Kunta? He had a name of Daryl on his signature...
Edward Tinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #47
ratdog
User

Ed, yes, that is the one and same person that PM'd me about his Luger for sale on 9/24/06. He approached me, unlike what he told the MI AG, he contacted me about an ad I had on here looking for a Luger. He also told me a lawyer friend of his told him he did nothing wrong, to which I asked for his lawyers email address to send him pics of the holster and the description he mailed me on Nov 7 that stated "very good condition and not torn up". I even asked in a mail preceding that stating I wanted the holster "if it had no rips, tears or holes".
I am not the bad person here, I reneged on the deal only after he refused to admit he did something wrong by being untruthful about the condition of the holster and refund my money. This also made me suspicious about the condition of the pistol he was offering.
This will make you laugh, just got this in an email from him "The holster is not in bad condition IMO, that's the thing about collecting, my 90% is someone else's 80%." In any experts opinion from this forum, what condition is the holster really in?!?!?!?! Please answer, I will need this for the MI AG. Thanks............................Bruce
Unread 11-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #48
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

If I was selling it on ebay, i would hope to get $50 for it Bruce.

From the picture it appeared to be a fairly nice holster, but as Jerry said, it was good for parts only (once you saw it).

You can quote me directly or I imagine what Jerry said. I trust Jerry like my brother and I trust my brother a lot.

Ed
Unread 11-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #49
ratdog
User

This just hit me, he is selling a holster on GunsAmerica that he doesn't own!!! I legally own it, I'm sure there is something illegal about this/!?!!?!!?! I guess tomorrow I will have to launch a campaign against him with GunsAmerica............................B
Unread 11-28-2006, 02:18 PM   #50
Ron Smith
User

A sticky posted by Orv on the P.38 PPK forum RE: Tim Babcock

We have a seller named edteach who is using Kilroy2 and derspinna as his email addresses. I have been warned that this name and email addresses (and many other names) are known alias of a known scammer. He has been kicked off a bunch of sites because of his scams.

I submit the following info received from several sources for your review:

Orv

quote:

In the last few days, the infamous Tim Babcock posted on this forum under a psuedonym of Jack Rackham, who is Calico Jack, the pirate.

Tim is a notorious theif who has cheated many collectors. He will be back, trying to cheat others I am sure. Beware of any deals on the estand from new collectors with whom you are not familiar. He is a rather twisted fellow and is upset at being discovered again. I have contacted the Michigan state police about him in the past and they are keeping a file on him. If he makes direct threats, they can arrest him.

Tim's aliases:

quote:
Tim Babcock
Allan Babcock
Jennie Bab ****
Allen Pope
Louis Sypher
Ed Teach (NOTE)
Jim Young
Jack Rackham "alic palus"

Forum names:
howelldavis
migileto
me262
kilroy2

Ebay names:

biggeorgenelson
rebbelyell4u
kilroy2@voyager.net

Emails:

buck566@lycos.com
regalia@hotmail.com
regalia@totls.com
timbcen21@intergate.com
elysianfield@intergate.com
kilroy2@intergate.com (NOTE)
kilroy21@intergate.com
stigma19@hotmail.com
hehova1914@hotmail.com
derspinna@intergate.com (NOTE)
barbarosa@intergate.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------
quote: kilroy2@intergate.com is using the name Jim Young ...There's a Jim Young at "White Pride World Wide" militaria forum that uses derspinna@intergate.com

Jim Young is a know alias for a guy who has cheated a lot of collectors. His name is apperantly Tim Babcock according to the moderator at this this militaria forum: http://www.militariacollecting.com/i...10&mode=linear
---------------------------------------------------
Check out the following sites for more info:

http://daggers.infopop.cc/groupee/fo...3/m/4640030324

http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/pisto...ames;read=2993

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...hlight=#548413

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...4c362323ce0326
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #51
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

wow, with a history like this, why hasn't he been jailed once or twice for scams....

I did a search on Jan's forum, and he has been banned under the name edteach and DiamondJim (I banned him), probably when I read this info that Orv wrote about and he was trying to "defend" himself on the forum. I seem to remember letting him have a couple of days of trying, and then cut off his access.
Unread 11-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #52
Ron Smith
User

Bruce,

If any of this transaction was conducted through the mail? Go to your Post Office and file a Mail Fraud complaint with the Postal Inspection service. They don't take this crap lightly. Also ask for the phone number of your nearest Inspector and talk to them about it.

Or do it on line at:

https://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-b...i=&p_topview=1
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 04:39 PM   #53
ratdog
User

Ron, I am doing that tomorrow after work, it was sent using the US Mail. I wanted to do it both Mon and today, but ran out of time after work. Definitely will hit him with that also!!!!!!!!!!!! Also tonight will write to GunsAmerica....................Bruce

Also thanks to Orv over on the P38 forum and Jerry and Ron and everyone for revealing this guy!!!! If he goes down from this holster sale, I hope everyone he scammed gets their just reward!!!!
Unread 11-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #54
Steinar
User

I realy like they way things are going, and I wish everyone scammed by this guy good luck! He has done this long enough..
Unread 11-29-2006, 08:07 AM   #55
ratdog
User

Now he wants me to return the holster and he will send me my money back---YEAH RIGHT!!!! Last mail to him I informed him he ripped me off once, but not again, I will let the proper authorities sort things out!!!! DB!!!!!
Unread 11-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #56
Pete Ebbink
User

Hey Bruce...

Turn around Tim's offer...

Let him know if he sends you your money back first, you will send the holster back to him after that.

He should trust you.
Unread 11-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #57
c3006
User

A crook trusts no one
Unread 11-29-2006, 01:22 PM   #58
ratdog
User

he already made it clear, no holster no refund, and let me make it clear, the refund is 50$ less than what I paid!!!! What a DB!!! He still will have 400$ of mine that he won't return. I will let the proper people ferret him out..................B