LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 11-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #1
ratdog
User

Default WTK: 41 Holster Value

Recently bought a holster for 225$ from a member on the forum, was described as "it is dated and waffenamt marked 1941 to match the gun. It is a nice original holster, that saw battle.". Received holster and the buckle was torn from strap, tool pouch retainer was torn off, and mag area was torn through. None of these showed in pics, nor was he truthful about description. He wants to charge a 50$ restocking fee and deduct 20 for shipping, which cost 7$, marked on box. What is it's real value in that condition? And should I reveal his name and tarnish his image? Also included extra deposit for a luger he had, but now having second thought whether it is in as bad of shape as holster. He refuses to refund deposit, although in an email he said it was refundable. Thanks......................Bruce
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
policeluger
RIP

Any leather damage should have been given in the description, for $225 you should have got a better holster then you did and I do not care who the seller was, emails about refunding money is as good, or at least should be as good as his word, in this case I would stop dealing with him and take the loss to date as a lesson learned, I stand behind everything I sell and do here and in all my gun dealing, and would encourage you to tell us the seller name so perhaps one of us here doesn't get took by him....sorry this happened.
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
the gunman
User

I to beleive the name should be revealed.
the gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Absolutely! I want to know who the guy is so I never buy anything from him..Sorry for your troubles. This is not how collecting should be...Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #5
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I agree with Jerry.
Unread 11-23-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
ratdog
User

Here is the story from my end, you judge first before I reveal names.
I first contacted or he contacted me around Sept 27 about a 41 Luger. I posted pics to several members on opinions, was told it looked good, but several members said it was overpriced at 1450$. I told the seller if he would take a deposit and I could have the balance for him in about 10-15 days, he said fine. No talk, that I could find in any emails, about a refund if I backed out of the deal. I was waiting for some funds to clear before I sent him the deposit, I finally got around to sending the deposit (600$) about 10 days ago, and requested the holster be sent before I sent the balance for the pistol. Holster arrived Tues. this week and was not what he described. So he offered today to refund the 250$ minus 50$ shipping and restocking fees, which he told me earlier he was a private seller, not a dealer, so what type of restocking fee is it to put the holster back on a shelf in the closet?!?!?!!? His defense is he passed on at least 4 buyers to hold the gun till I got the money to send him, which I understand, but to keep 400$ for 2 mos. waiting is to me a little out of hand. Most people, including me would say "money talks" in a situation like that.
My argument is if he misrepresented the holster the way he did, what is the likelihood he would do it with the gun also? So that made me back out of the deal, and he refuses to return the deposit but refund 200$ for the holster.
That is the story, and true I took 2 mos to get the deal going and he held the gun for me, but was it worth 400$ of his time, I am willing to allow him 150$ for the botched deal, but then again he brought it on himself by offering a sub par holster and not being fully honest in its description.
Let's see if he replies to this forum before I reveal names.......................Bruce
Unread 11-23-2006, 11:18 AM   #7
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

It could be a misunderstanding, folks getting their backs up, etc., but I think the "fees" are excessive.
Although 2 months waiting on a deal and then you backing out could be irritating; as you said, you took 2 months to finalize the deal. (although the holster if as said in emails, was misrepresented)...

**As a buyer I would be mad about the holster being misrepresented, and feel the pistol would not be as shown in pictures (best side shown, etc).

**As a seller, I would be upset that you took 2 months, when you said 10 days. But then, I wouldn't have waited two months, I would have waited 10 days, then said, sorry pistol is back up for sale.

ed
Edward Tinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 11:18 AM   #8
ratdog
User

I just found this in an email dated Oct 2. I wrote "I would be willing to send you a refundable deposit to hold the gun until the rest of the money could be sent to you, of course if you agree to that." He replied "I have no problem with that, if you want to send 500 to hold it that would work for me. let me know what you want to do,". So it was brought up and he is not a man of his word!!!! He also fails to see that he didn't describe the holster in detail and won't take responsibility for it...................Bruce
Unread 11-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
ratdog
User

Ed, I also found an email telling him the situation and if he had another buyer, go ahead and sell it. Anyway, I just wrote him and told him "to send me the money for the holster, and I guess you got me!!!" Lesson learned................B
Unread 11-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #10
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

I could understand keeping a $100 (total) as compensation, but $400 is greedy and word gets around, either publically or via email.

I am leery of a couple of "forum" members because of rumours I have heard. That said, I number in the scores of people from these forums that I trust implicitley and would not hesitate in sending them a gun and then receiving payment.

Ed
Unread 11-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #11
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Bruce, Fine, the story is out for all to see..I agree both with you and Ed. The holster condition should have been discussed and disclosed. To send a holster in that condition without disclosing it tells me the seller is less than honest and you are likely right..the pistol could be the same way.
Ed thinks two months is a long time to finalize a gun deal but I think it's not. I have had trades take place over 6 months.
The guy and his restocking fees are a low life's way of saying I have your money and I am now trying to steal it if you let me.
Don't let this worm get away with it. If you can back up what you say, spill his name and get some results. If what you say is true I want to know who it is. I certainly will NOT deal with people who prove themselves to be less than honest and upfront, especially a member here.
I am sure he is welcome to appear here and explain such behavior to the rest of us just as you have.
I clearly remember the last time this subject came up concerning a large Dealer. He came on and his explination for screwing a member didn't wash with me and I will never do business with him. He might even have something I want on his site but tough luck for us both.
Granted I am a collector not a dealer but the quest for another members money has to be honest and fair. A good deal is where both buyer and seller go away thinking they got a better deal than the other guy. This dosen't sound like either...Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 11-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #12
ratdog
User

Well Jerry and others, his latest email to me was simply "just close the deal, I am sure you will like the Luger". After this holster BS, he lost credibility with me.
He goes by the name "kunta" on this forum, and he is free to tell his story if he likes. I am done with it, and will take what he offered for the holster and probably never trust anyone on a deal like this again. A lot of personal problems have plaqued my wife and I over the last year and a half from a contractor screwing us on an addition he "built" for us, and this came at a bad time. I explained to him that is why it took me 2 mos to come up with the money, and all I ever wanted was a pistol and a "nice" holster. The odd part about it was the holster came from Bill Shea at the Ruptured Duck, something about it being there on consignment. If he truthfully wanted to describe the holster, he could have pointed me there for questions and pics!!! Thanks for all your help guys...............................Bruce

PS: I have all emails and dates to correspond with my side of things. I feel I did nothing wrong, and I was scammed. If anyone feels different please let me know!!!!
Unread 11-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #13
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

He won't be able to tell his side of the story, I banned him.
He is the same "guy" who had the signature "god is pretend", personally I could care less what anyone has as their signature, but he caused a rift earlier in the summer and didn't care, as I emailed him once and suggested he change it to something more "luger-ese".

This was the last straw as far as I was concerned, John D may 2nd guess me (which is ok if he wants to give Kunta another chance).

Bruce, thank you for bringing this to our attention, I am sorry you got skewered by someone on the forum.
Unread 11-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #14
policeluger
RIP

The only guys I ever placed on my "ignore" list and glad I did, and the same for you Ed, glad he is gone just hope Bruce gets some refund on this deal, and Bruce there are lota' of great folks here, some I am dealing with as we talk, a lot has changed hands on nothing more then an email hand shake.....just ask and we'll point you to the good guys....
Unread 11-23-2006, 06:48 PM   #15
Ron Smith
User

Dang it Howard!! I thought I was the only one on your ignore list. I feel betrayed...

Bruce,
On a very serious note. We have to deal with enough boosters, highbinders, ripoffs and crooked dealers in the pursuit of this obsession elsewhere.

The forums are our sanctuary away these bone heads. We don't need them here smearing the rest of us with their stink. We look out for each other. Before you buy, and if you're not sure... ask. You'll get very sound advice and all the opinions you can swim with.

I hope this all works out for you.

Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #16
policeluger
RIP

Note to self....put Smith on ignore list, but then again I do get a good laugh from his posts....
Unread 11-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #17
c3006
User

Im glad this guy got outed but sorry it had to come at someones expense. clint
Unread 11-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #18
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Good riddance to rubbish. It's not generally possible to maintain a scam for any length of time in the World of the internet. The truth will come out.
Bruce, sorry you were the sacraficial one in this deal but when these people are discovered it is important to tell the rest of the membership.

I got nailed for 400 bucks on a dagger deal not too long ago. It happens to the best of us sooner or later. Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 11-23-2006, 08:57 PM   #19
Dok
RIP

Ed,

I hope that in the process of banning you also blocked his IP address. We wouldn't want him back under another name. Guys like that make it hard for the good guys and smears the name of the Luger Forum.

Dok

http://www.centercustomcases.com/
Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2006, 05:11 AM   #20
ratdog
User

Well, here is what the seller "kunta" wrote to me when he shipped the holster to me :
"Bruce, I received the money order today, the holster will ship out
soon, it will come from a dealer in mass. I had it there on consignment. you
should have it by wed. at the latest. let me know when you are sending the 1065 bal, and the ffl. thanks."

I have an answer from Bill Shea at the Ruptured Duck, here is what he told me:

"Hello Bruce I have received your email. I'm sorry for what has happened between you and Tim @*@*@*@. Tim purchased this holster from me an subsequently told me it was for someone else. Once he paid for it he told me to send it to you. Of course I have no idea how it was described to you
but here is the listing as it appeared on my website. Tim has made me aware that there is an issue and I shall forward a copy of this email to him so that everything I say is the same to you and to him. I hope you are able to work this out.
Sincerely,
Bill Shea
>>
>> Hard Shell Holster for the P.08 Luger, in Black
Leather

This holster is a decent example, but the black dye in the smooth, polished
surface has thinned to show instead a dark brown.Piece shows overall
moderate to heavy usage. The flap is in good condition, and so it the long
portion of the securing strap; however, the buckle (still present) has
broken off the shorter strap on the holster body.
Laid in place, it almost looks unbroken. The reverse upper right corner of
the reverse has the usual embossed "P.08" weapon identification, and near the top edge, a Waffenamt mark and the date "41". The belt loops are in good condition, one mostly brown. Overall a pretty good, representative example"

Bill also failed to mention the other defects, but with the buckle issue alone I would not have purchased it. So thanks to Bill for exposing "Tim" for the liar and thief he is!!!! ........................Bruce