LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 09-28-2007, 10:11 PM   #41
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

excellent, added above. We are looking at possibly two prizes per person (at random) on the 6th -- so ratio to winning is pretty darn good.

prizes

1. 6" Imperial Navy Holster, carry strap and double mag pouch (Jerry Burney, handmade repro rig)
2. DDR magazine, very nice marked 2/1001 (Bill L)
3. new Repro. WW11 Black Luger Holster
4. a signed copy of Luger Variations (David Z)
5. Personalized copy of Simson Lugers (eduardo T)
6. Exact copy of original luger box (Russ W)
7. FR&K.VOEGELS KÃ??LN-DEUTZ 1937 holster - repair needed on belt loops, still tight besides that. Owner will send it directly to the winner (Steinar A) and two Lahti magazines
8. Certificate for Luger parts strawing by Howard Collins
9. Certificate for one free Hugh Clark grip restoration, Luger or other manuf.
10. A nice multi marked police holster and police mag (Bill F)
11. A P38 holster & PP magazine (Bill F)
12. A repro mag pouch & a repro artillery holster (Bill F)
13. Kangaroo possibles bag (Chris)
14. two oversized toggle pins, 0.05 and 0.1mm. (Mike B)
15. Repro. WW11 Black Luger Holster
16. new Repro. WW11 Blrown Luger Holster
17. RCBS loading dies for .30 Luger (Ed R)
18. a boxed merit cross and a Nazi marked box of 10 8mm rifle rounds (1936)
19. Swiss Army Luger manual (Tom A)
20. Sauer 38h, s/n #509172. Eagle/N proof. Nice gun. {winner must pay next day air costs and send Jack H an FFL}

http://forum.lugerforum.com/lfupload...ion1_copy2.jpg

Luger box that Russ is giving away and will ship to the lucky winner.
http://forum.lugerforum.com/lfupload/mvc046s.jpg
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #42
Ron C.
User

Ed,

Nice prises and response so far. I just sent you another $50.00 for two more tickets to help the cause.

Regards,
Ron Clarin
Unread 09-30-2007, 01:07 PM   #43
chris69
User

Jerry ...I did get the e mail and send the check tommorrow at Eds address.regards kris
chris69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #44
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Kris, and all the others who have so generously given from the heart, a HUGE THANK YOU!
You fellows have really come through...I know the weekend will be a bit quiet but perhaps we can swing into next week with a fantastic finish.

Remember...If each one of you were to contact a fellow collector who bought a ticket it would add another 30-50% in ticket sales! Please take the time to alert even one other guy who dosen't know about this?
Thanks to all of you!!! Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #45
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi folks,

I just returned home last evening. Where I was - didn't have an Internet connection. I'll try to upload some pics later as to where I was, OK??

But.....

Jerry, Ed - I dunno if you got my e-mail reply from last week? If not - I'll try to find it and resend....

To all of you - and I mean all of you reading this thread. I am humbled. I am daunted. You have absolutely NO IDEA how much your individual support means. Maybe you do - and, if you have ever been to Haiti, you do know. The children Jen & I have right now, are so very appreciative.. You have no idea what that means to them.. I could tell you about their first experience with a "flushing toilet", or a "shower", or.. You get the idea...

To all of you.. If you took the time to read this thread - or post - or donate....

Simply - THANK YOU... It's all I have - but to a lot of kids - it means so very much..

Just - thanks...

I'm still shaking my head as I'm daunted and humbled...

Thank you...

John
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #46
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,519 Times in 939 Posts

John: It is us who should be humbled by what you and Jen are doing. Bill
Unread 09-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #47
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Agreed

John, both Jerry and I got your email.

Jeeez, we thought we could keep this as surprise, you should have stayed down there another 2 weeks.

Ed
Unread 09-30-2007, 07:16 PM   #48
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

This another reason why John & Jen's work is important...

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Dengue fever is spreading across Latin America and the Caribbean in one of the worst outbreaks in decades, causing agonizing joint pain for hundreds of thousands of people and killing nearly 200 so far this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

The mosquitoes that carry dengue are thriving in expanded urban slums scattered with water-collecting trash and old tires. Experts say dengue is approaching record levels this year as many countries enter their wettest months.

"If we do not slow it down, it will intensify and take a greater social and economic toll on these countries," said Dr. Jose Luis San Martin, head of anti-dengue efforts for the Pan American Health Organization, a regional public health agency.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta has posted advisories this year for people visiting Latin American and Caribbean destinations to use mosquito repellant and stay inside screened areas whenever possible.

"The danger is that the doctors at home don't recognize the dengue," said Dr. Wellington Sun, the chief of the CDC's dengue branch in San Juan. "The doctors need to raise their level of suspicion for any traveler who returns with a fever."

Dengue has already damaged the economies of countries across the region by driving away tourists, according to a document prepared for a PAHO conference beginning Monday in Washington.

Some countries have focused mosquito eradication efforts on areas popular with tourists. Mexico sent hundreds of workers to the resorts of Puerto Vallarta, Cancun and Acapulco this year to try to avert outbreaks.

Health ministers from across the region meet at the PAHO conference and San Martin said he will urge them to devote more resources to dengue fever.

The tropical virus was once thought to have been nearly eliminated from Latin America, but it has steadily gained strength since the early 1980s. Now, officials fear it could emerge as a pandemic similar to one that became a leading killer of children in Southeast Asia following World War II.

Officials say the virus is likely to grow deadlier in part because tourism and migration are circulating four different strains across the region. A person exposed to one strain may develop immunity to that strain â?? but subsequent exposure to another strain makes it more likely the person will develop the hemorrhagic form.

"The main concern is what's happening in the Americas will recapitulate what has happened in Southeast Asia, and we will start seeing more and more severe types of cases of dengue as time progresses," Sun said.

The disease â?? known as "bonebreak fever" because of the pain â?? can incapacitate patients for as long as a week with flu-like symptoms. A deadly hemorrhagic form, which also causes internal and external bleeding, accounts for less than 5 percent of cases but has shown signs of growing.

So far this year, 630,356 dengue cases have been reported in the Americas â?? most in Brazil, Venezuela, or Colombia â?? with 12,147 cases of hemorrhagic fever and 183 deaths, according to the Pan American Health Organization. With the spread expected to accelerate during the upcoming rainy season in many countries, cases this year could exceed the 1,015,000 reported in 2002, according to San Martin.

In Puerto Rico, where 5,592 suspected cases and three deaths have been reported, some lawmakers called this week for the health secretary to resign.

In the Dominican Republic, which has reported 25 deaths this year, the health department announced Thursday that it would train 2.5 million public school students to encourage parents and neighbors to eliminate standing water.

Researchers have not yet developed a vaccine against dengue and Sun said that for now, the only way to stop the virus is to contain the mosquito population â?? a task that relies of countless, relentless individual efforts including installing screen doors and making sure mosquitoes are not breeding in garbage.

"It's like telling people to stop smoking," he said. "They may do it for a while, but they don't do it on a consistent basis and without doing that, it's not effective."

While dengue is increasing around the developing world, the problem is most dramatic in the Americas, according to the CDC.

Health officials believe the resurgence of the malaria-like illness is due partly to a premature easing of eradication programs in the 1970s.

Migration and tourism also have carried new strains of the virus across national borders, even into the United States, which had largely wiped out the disease after a 1922 outbreak that infected a half-million people.

Mexico has been struggling with an alarming increase in the deadly hemorrhagic form of dengue, which now accounts for roughly one in four cases. The government has confirmed 3,249 cases of hemorraghic dengue for the year through Sept. 15, up from 1,924 last year.

The CDC says there is no drug to treat hemorrhagic dengue, but proper treatment, including rest, fluids and pain relief, can reduce death rates to about 1 percent.

San Martin said he use the meetings starting Monday to urge enforcement of trash disposal regulations, more investment in mosquito control and new incentives for communities to participate.

"It

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 10-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #49
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

82 tickets so far

thanks Kenneth D, numbers added to tickets

Unread 10-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #50
goodnight
User

Ed 100 bucks in mail

goodnight
goodnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #51
maddog350gt
User

Ed;

Here it is October 1 and this is the first time I have been on the forum for at least 2 months; I almost missed the raffle. I have sent a paypal payment for $100. I will try to find an item to donate, but may not have the time to find one and ship it; given the date and the pressures of my new job. If it gets there use it, if not I'll try to get something in for the next auction.

Thanks to Jerry and you for putting this together it's a great way to support john and a great cause.

Bob M.
maddog350gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #52
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

one of the forum members was looking for someone who was in the Tacoma area, i told you were about 135 miles from there and doubted you'd be able to have time for a hild goose chase of lugers...

excellent, added above. We are looking at possibly two prizes per person (at random) on the 6th -- so ratio to winning is pretty darn good.

Unread 10-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #53
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Don, Bob, Many thanks! If I have missed thanking anyone it is wholly inadvertant. I want to thank everyone who is taking the time and their hard earned money to help out in this worthy cause.

Bob, I am not going to trouble you with finding a donation at this late date. I do appreciate the thought but there is probably enough to make many of the contributors happy as it is! Take it easy on yourself and concentrate on your new job!
Thanks to Ed Tinker, not only for his selfless hours to moderate this Forum but taking on the added responsibilities to run this raffle! The guy just can't say no! Hey Ed, can I borrow a thousand bucks? Watch this!

Guys..Thanks, your donations will mean a great deal. Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 10-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #54
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally posted by lugerholsterrepair
Hey Ed, can I borrow a thousand bucks? Watch this!

not unless there is whiskey and motrocycles involved and at least one guy saying, shoot, you'll never goin belive what this does, as he lights a match...
Unread 10-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #55
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I knew I could get him to say no! This is the first time ever! Thanks Ed, Your a Prince! Jerry

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 10-02-2007, 12:32 AM   #56
Ron Smith
User

Jerry and Ed,

I won the last raffle, so I would appreciate it if you would just consider my ticket a donation. I would rather not participate in the drawing for prizes.

Thanks...

Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #57
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Ronnie, Every one is different. Might as well see how it shakes out...Up to you though..ED? Thanks, Jerry

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 10-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #58
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

The heck with that, he'll throw off all my accountin, rithmitic and stuff.

I don't really mind either way, but if his name comes up as a winner, I could give him a prize like my book with my signature but signed with my left hand

thanks to John Sabato for the latest ticket buyer guy thing, try to win guy
Unread 10-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #59
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

TWO NEW PRIZES AS OF TODAY, RECEIVED TWO ORIGINAL EAGLE 655 LOADING TOOLS~~!! Thanks Charlie.

Also received the LOADING DIES, EVR, excellent!!!

We have some really nice prizes and at 2 prizes per winner, we are looking at 11 winners!!
Unread 10-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #60
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Ed, WOW! This is the best raffle ever! Really good for those who bought a ticket..Thanks for those who have!
I wouldn't mind winning your book...Would be a great prize!
Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)