LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-09-2002, 06:59 PM   #1
Frank Allan
New User

Default Japanese use of the Luger

Many years ago I published a newslettter article covering the fake Japanese Lugers that appeared in several books. Reputed Japanese Lugers with a mum are indeed FAKES.

Just to keep life interesting however, the Japanese officer corps did use certain commerically purchased Lugers and Dutch Lugers captured in the Dutch East Indies. Occasionally they had new Japanese style holsters (not holsters for Type 14 nambu pistols).

I mentioned this to Harry Derby who is working on a rivised addition of his Japanese Handgun book and he is looking for a photo of such a combination. One example has been for sale at a couple of FL gun shows - for $7,000! Nobody has purchased it despite the capture papers, etc. and it has appeared at several shows over the last year. Does anyone care to share a photo of these weapons & holsters? Or does anyone have additional info on this subject? I would be happy to share a copy of my old article with anyone who sends me a mailing address.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Frank

Unread 02-09-2002, 07:54 PM   #2
Johnny Peppers
User

Default Re: Japanese use of the Luger

About a year ago one of the Lugers marked with the mum sold at Tulsa for somewhere in the $6500 range. Not a bad profit for putting a fake marking on a rather ordinary Luger. The best part was that the pistol was a 99% plus specimen. Used only occasionally in ceremonies I guess.