LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Unread 07-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
Pete Ebbink
User

Default Private HK on Gun Broker...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=34486204

This one looks great...my guess would be original...but not knowing anything about these private series HK's...are the two different sized number fonts on the front frame correct...??? Seems kind of odd...

Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #2
drbuster
User

Looks righteous to me, Pete, except for the magazine. I'm sure John D. would have a "final" opinion.
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2005, 12:50 AM   #3
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hey Pete and Doc..

There are a couple of things that bother me about this one, but I'd have to see it in person? Some of these are the ramps and the flame hardening (it may be the photo), the MAG is wrong, as Doc notes, the lightly struck "P" without definition, a few of the digit stamps, the polish on the sideplate, the VERY SMALL part of the picture with the barrel crown, etc. This is after a 30 second look at the pictures...

Anyway - this HK deserves a closer look. If I were the buyer - I'd demand an inspection period and if you don't know HKs, send it to someone who does, and have them inspect it for you. If it's "right" - it's worth more then the current auction bid...

Just FWIW....

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

OK - I just had some time to compare this photo to one of my later P codes.. In short - I like the example above (but, I'd still want to inspect it in person..). The "P" is the later style on this HK. What I wasn't certain of is whether the serial number fell into the later style of not.. Yep - it's correct... The flame hardening, my guess is that it's the camera picking up the accentuated contrast - rather then how it appears to the eye... The "6" looked not quite right in photo #2 (without the top serif) - but my guess is that it's lightly struck. One would have to see that in person to be sure, though.

Anyway - my "gut" feeling is that this one is "right as rain" based on what is shown (except for the mag again)...

Good luck to any of you bidding in this auction - it looks like a really nice later P-Code..!

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2005, 10:39 PM   #5
Big Norm
RIP

I'll just have to add my two cents. One of the first things that I look at on any Luger is the locking bolt.One that has not been tampered with has a distinctive flatness to it. The locking bolt on this one does not look flat.

Then I looked that the "P" on the frames serial number and it is smaller than the "P" on my P-code (serial number P792 w/side inscript)). This one has eagle "N" on the finger of the side plate and on the left side of the frame in front of the serial number. Mine has a "lazy" crown "N" in the same locations as well as on the breech block. I also dont see any machining marks on the ears. Mine shows some.

I am not the expert that John D is and I would like to hear any comment by him. Like John though, I would like to see more pictures of this gun such as rejection marks, toggle top and so forth. This gun is going to go for big bucks, so the seller owes us some more close up pictures.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote