LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Unread 12-14-2005, 12:23 AM   #21
lugerlou
User

Tom A

Food for thought

In respect to the latter part of your topic it is possible that the memoirs of one Albert Speer may shed some light, whilst trying to fiend off the manical orders of Adolph Hitlers scorched earth policy the man was still very much in control of armaments production and had or I believe possesed the will to supply the German forces with every ounce of armaments he could muster into use.

If anyone would know it should be documented and held in archives in the USA military files while he was in debriefing after the war.
lugerlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #22
MauserLugers
User

I've written before that I've heard the same story that Jan Still commented on in this thread. I know of two collectors that sold their 1945 dated examples because they did not feel they were correct, and one person actually told me he visited the machine shop and saw the frames and parts. How much of this story is actually fact and how much is speculation is anyone's guess at this point, but the guy who told me is a highly respected collectors and a straight shooter, so I have no problem in believing that the majority of the 1945 dated K's are fabricated from this one shop. --- My understanding is he was making these for a long time before he became sick and that is when it was discovered what he'd been turning out. --- Bill
MauserLugers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2005, 05:23 PM   #23
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts

Any chance of naming names here, and knowing what else this person might have been fabricating?

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #24
Navy
RIP

I have heard the same or a similar story...the guy was a retired Air Force or Airline pilot, IIRC who just had this thing about making fantasy pieces...gets sick, ultimately dies and then all kinds of weird Lugers in various degrees of assembly are found in his shop. May be truth; may be urban luger legend.

Tom A
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2005, 10:49 PM   #25
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

I don't believe the story is urban legend. Leaving names out - the person in question passed away and his widow asked two fellow Luger collectors to come by and assist with valueing his collection. When they went into his workshop - found were several frames in the making and certain reproduction dies/stamps. Based on the numbers of the dies, there can only be certain serial number combinations which could have been "made" by this individual. As for the other dies found - they were not an exact match to the HK proofs/stamps...

Or so I believe....

HTH,

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote