LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Unread 08-02-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
LugerVern
User

Default Basic HK Toggle Question

I thought I knew the answer to this but maybe not: So help please.

Are HK toggles back bored all the way or part of the way or does this vary through the years?

Attached is a picture from the toggle of a 1942 HK and clearly shows a partial back bore, but I know I have seen toggles bored all the way through on some guns-- is there a right and wrong way?

thanks

Vern
LugerVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
LugerVern
User

Same gun with flat top 4 in the date---I am starting to have doubts about the gun and I think its not necessary to answer my question.

thanks

Vern
LugerVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
Ida-Alp
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

LugerVern--I tried a search for the significance of a flat topped 4 and had no luck. Could you please explain?? Thank You--Al
Ida-Alp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Vern, Not sure exactly what you are asking or what you mean by backbored, but the exterior edge of HK toggle knobs holes are "generally" chamfered or beveled... other manufacturers are not.

My Krieghoff Parabellum reference book is packed away somewhere, and so are my Luger Photo Archive CD's so I don't have any photos I can post at present to compare.

Hopefully John D. will see your post and chime in on your questions. I am no HK expert, but I do not like the year stamping in your slightly out of focus photo of the chamber area. The year digits don't seem to line up as well as I would expect an HK to appear. Do you have any better photos of this gun?

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
Mauser720
User

Vern -

I think I see what you are pointing out in reference to the chamber date. On page 109 of Gibson's book there is a photograph of a 1942 chamber date. In the photograph you posted, I think that in addition to the "4" looking strange as you have pointed out, the number "2" is also very suspicious looking when compared to the photograph in Gibson's book. And maybe it is just the way the lighting affects the picture; however, it appears the base of the "9" extends too far below the base-line of the date. In Gibson's book it appears that the base-line of the 1942 date is perfectly straight.

Thank you for sharing.

Mauser720 - Ron