LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-08-2002, 09:34 PM   #1
66mustang

Default OT Reichs Revolver

I saw a Reichs Revolver a couple of weeks ago, was nice. 1st time I had seen one, they wanted $500 or so for it. It caught my eye, since it was next to a gun I was interested in.

Also I know that many Luger holsters were modified from the Reichs (and I might be spelling that wrong) revolver holster and because of the history of the two, I wouldn't mind getting one.

Ed

Unread 03-09-2002, 07:52 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: OT Reichs Revolver

66mustang,

I have seen a few of these revolvers, but the ones I have seen were not in the best of condition. I think one would be very nice to have in a collection of German pistols. When I see a nice one on the Internet, I always think that I could add another P.38 or Luger and never have gotten one myself. Keep us posted if you get one.

Marvin

Unread 03-10-2002, 11:44 AM   #3
R. Grady/Roadkill

Help me out. I've never seen one on a table or handled one. I know what they are, but that's about it. Caliber? Double or single action? Capacity? Black powder?

Roadkill

Unread 03-11-2002, 11:20 AM   #4
66mustang

I like them because they are a precurser to the Luger.

I found one on the web for sale, here is the link and description.

Ed

http://www.hoodauction.com/gunauction/WebsiteFiles/images/151.jpg

GERMAN MODEL 1883 "REICHS REVOLVER" produced at the Erfurt Royal Arsenal. 10.5mm with walnut grips and is well marked, 4 1/2" barrel. CONDITION: fine with excellent blue finish. $400

and another with more description:

Unusual Long Barreled Reichsrevolver, approx. 45 cal x 9" oct rifled barrel, appears to be original to gun. S/n 142, matches on barrel, frame and cylinder. Barrel also marked "440" - possible caliber designation? The original Reichs revolver was chambered for the 10.55 German Service Cartridge which was similar to the S&W Russian; but this bore seems as if it may be larger than that. Maybe 60% thinning blue remaining, possibly has been reblued or touched up at some time, but don't believe it's been polished - markings remain very strong. Good mech, very good bore and grips, hole through frame just forward of grips, not sure the purpose of this. Frame marked "V.C.S.*C.G.H./Suhl" in an oval. Fascinating item-don't know what it is can anyone shed any light on this? Antq, ER-142, $975