LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 01-17-2002, 10:15 PM   #1
JAMES
User

Default "K" Magazine question

I have a stainless mag with an aluminum bottom, and the only marking I can find on any part of the mag is what appears to be a "K" on the bottom. I'm pretty sure it is a repo, because it looks almost new. However, I am new to Lugers and would like any info on it.

Thanks

Unread 01-18-2002, 09:52 AM   #2
tom h

Default Re: "K" Magazine question

James, I doubt that your mag tube is stainless, unless it's a new triple K repro mag. What you probably have is a nickle plated, flat button (no rim around the follower button), 1st issue Haenal Schmeisser mag with a stylized "H" stamped on the bottom of the spine. These were Police used mags, added to many of their PO8s in the late Weimar & early Nazi period. Not factory issue for a Military K date. Tom h

Unread 01-18-2002, 01:09 PM   #3
Bill Utterback

If your mag has an * over the K (capital roman letter, not fraktur), then it should be a police mag. I have a plated mag that has three markings: * over K, serial number, and 2.

Unread 01-18-2002, 05:56 PM   #4
JAMES
User

It does look like a fancy "H" at second look, and nickel. I don't think that it has an asterick above it, though it might of worn off. The follower has no rim, it is knurled. Odd mag since it came with a BYF '41 matching (including pin) except the sideplate. I think for 475 it was a steal. Any guesses on mags worth?