LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-06-2001, 10:32 PM   #1
66mustang

Default Puyallup WA Gun Show

Hello all,

Here is a gun show report... (short and to the point)

I am of course interested in the Lugers, but saw a number of Nambu's for sale, including three 94's. $350.00 for a re-blued Papa and the rest were $350.00 for a 94, and $500 and up for 94's and Type 14's.

Lugers, I saw one Artillery, didn't ask the price, it was only in OK shape.

Lots of 4 inchers, from memory, a 1923 for $695, blueing only OK. (I can't estimate as I didn't fondle, I mean handle many of these, just looked at prices. There was a shooter for $395, but since I already have one in the works... (They weren't interested in a trade for my Browning Auto 5 )

Otherwise, most prices on shooters were $595 (there was one for $450.00) and on collectors more. I saw $695, $995 and then $1100 and $1300 on a couple. Not tons of Lugers, but I saw at least 12 of them.

Prices here are fine, but for good collector grade, I think I'd go to Ralph or Simpson's for the best prices and ability to choose.

Sorry no rare Chrome or nickled baby's for y'all.

Ed

Unread 10-07-2001, 07:29 AM   #2
tom h

Default Re: St.Louis area show

Aw shucks, I passed on a nickel plated 42 Byf with gold plated small parts this weekend at a Belleville, Il. show because the plating was starting to peel off. But I did make offers on a nice prewar C96 with stock and a 20 commerical for parts. Perhaps they will come thru later.

Unread 10-07-2001, 02:25 PM   #3
Aaron
Banned

Default San Diego's Sanitized Show

I have just attended my last sanitized gun show in San Diego. It seems as though the foaming at the mouth anti-gun crowd in Sacramento has finally accomplished their purpose. As far as I can see, this show is finished as far as gun collecting goes. For $6 parking and $8 admission you get the privilege of strolling through aisles filled with jewelry, dishes, and old books. Occasionally there is a new gun dealer for the Glock crowd, but why not just go to your local dealer? You still have to wait ten days either way, and the price is the same. The entire show only had about ten at the most collectible pistols, most of which were Russian imports at around $500. I saw one FN Model 22, late war, excellent condition, priced way too high at $450, and a handfull of M1 carbines. I hope this is not what lies in store for the rest of the country, but the gun show in California has been all but regulated out of existence. Incidentally, one individual raised a terrible fuss and made it all over the TV news programs by objecting to a sign in his neighborhood advertising the gun show. He said they had enough crime already and the sign was too near a school. I didn't know criminals went to gun shows to buy guns in California. It looked to me like they were buying belt buckles and jewelry. Oh yes, I didn't see one box cutter for sale!

Unread 10-07-2001, 02:58 PM   #4
BILL
User

Default Flea market or gun show?

I know the feeling. Years ago there were gun shows that specialized in guns (hard to imagine, isn't it?). With political pressure from outside, people were allowed to have tables with a minimum of 10% gun related articles. How can you monitor that? Five thousand sets of fine china, 200 rings and trinkets from Mexico and four worn out .22 rifles. OK..So now the 10% has been dropped and there are many tables that have NO gun related items (beef jerkey, survivalist videos, old coins, used computers, etc.). In my mind it is not sanitized, it just uses "Gun Show" to get people who are interested in guns to come and look at old camp stoves and garlic flavored almonds. (Amazingly, I was at a show not long ago that had crayon drawings from some woman's grandkids for sale..she had taken them off of her refrigerator right before the show). Go figure!

Unread 10-08-2001, 03:15 AM   #5
Rick K
User

Default Re: San Diego's Sanitized Show

Well Jed, you ought to move away from there! Seriously, I don't think you can judge the rest of the country by what you've experienced, but you can certainly predict what's in store for us if we don't wake up.

Unread 10-08-2001, 09:32 AM   #6
tom h

Jed, I'm sorry to learn that the Mira Mar show has turned into a flea market, but the current Calif. laws certainly discourage out of state dealer from attending. Years ago this was one of the better shows in Calif. There are still a couple of shows that I am aware of that insist that ALL items displayed must be gun or military related: Ohio gun collectors & Missouri Valley Gun Collectors in KC. One ventor next to me at a MVACA/KC show was throw out for refusing to remove some Russian nesting dolls from his table. You may want to consider visiting some non-Calif shows in Phoenix or Tulsa (@3500 tables, now the largest in the US). Tom h

Unread 10-08-2001, 09:43 AM   #7
Jeff
User

Default detroit gunshow

this happened at the detroit gunshow,

, nuff said?

Unread 10-08-2001, 12:09 PM   #8
Milt Keller
User

For a long time now, I've gone there (San Diego gunshow) just to buy ammo. There has been nothing there for so long, ammo is all I am interested in!

Milt

Unread 10-08-2001, 02:13 PM   #9
Sid Gariss

Default Albuquerque Show

The show here in Albuquerque wasn't to bad. There were quite a few Lugers this year. Quite a few were artillery Lugers. The most I had seen before was one or two. If I remember right there were around 8 to 10 of them. One gentlemen had a complete setup going for 15k. I also found a companion shooter for the chrome one that was posted about earlier. It had a gold plated sideplate, smooth grips, and a nice variety of numbers and quite a few shades of blueing. It was going for 650. Passed on it. To fancy for me. I did not purchase anything this year, but had some fun.

Sid.