LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 08-26-2003, 03:25 PM   #1
colcolombo
User

Post What is Costanzo book Volume 1 worth?

What is Volume 1 of Costanzo's book worth on average? I priced it from a seller on Gunsamerica and he wanted $375.00. Is this in line with it's worth or is it too high? Don't really care if it's new or used as long as it is in good condition.

Thanks for any input.

Joe
colcolombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2003, 03:35 PM   #2
policeluger
RIP

a bit high, if you look around you may find an excellent/used copy for about $250/275....the book is well worth it in that price range...IMHO.
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2003, 04:19 PM   #3
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,093 Times in 1,676 Posts
I haven't seen any lately for sale less than $300, but then I haven't been looking real hard. I usually see them in the $300-350 range. Of course at these prices, the book should be very near mint. Even though time has disclosed a few errors in this book, it still is a most useful, almost indispensable, reference for the serious Luger collector.
Unread 08-26-2003, 08:16 PM   #4
colcolombo
User

Thanks, fellas, for the response. I would assume the author has gone on to Luger heaven and that the book is out of print. Just out of curiousity, when was the book published.........and, since this is Volume 1 I am speaking of, were there subsequent volume(s)?

Thanks again.
Unread 08-26-2003, 09:09 PM   #5
Herb
User

No, Sam is still alive and well, he is a good friend if Ralph Shattuck, they keep in touch regularily. Volume 1, the only volume, was copywrited in 1977. Sam got so much static from other collectors/authors about errors, in thier opinion, that he decided to not publish volume 2. A great loss to the collecting community IMO. I have two copies, one is as near mint as you will find. You might be able to talk me out of for the right price, it's one of the earlier printings of 100,000 copies, it has an imprint stamp inside that says Sam Constanzo World of Lugers and is signed by Sam. The later issues are just signed.
Unread 08-26-2003, 10:50 PM   #6
ejc
User

I picked one up on e-bay for $103 not including shipping. it took me awhile to find it though. most were going for 200 and up but if you can wait you can find one at a decent price.the one I got was the second one I bid on the first I got outbid it went for around 123 so if your willing to wait yoiu will find a deal.
ejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2003, 11:32 PM   #7
colcolombo
User

Thanks to all who responded. I have a little better idea of what to expect to pay. I'll look on Ebay and see what I can find. And Herb, thanks for your response. If I can't find one, I will send you a PM and see what I can talk you out of "for the right price".

The best to all.

Joe