LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 03-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #1
CyborgDokey
User

Default Newcomer .Special Thanks to GT . Changing Barrels

I want to give a special thanks to Mr. Gerald Tomek (AKA G.T. Specialties / GT ) for helping me get this beautiful 1923 DWM Luger P08 into working condition. When I first got the mismatched/shooter luger, I was having cycling issues with it and didn’t understand why. It was bad. It got to a point where the lower part of the shells would remain inside the chamber after being fire. At that point, I knew I had to do something. Someone at the range told me that it was possible to convert the luger from .30 to 9mm and since I live in California and don’t reload, it seemed like a great idea at the time. So, I bought a used 9mm barrel and decided to join the Lugerforum and started asking help via DMs (shy person here lol). LugerDoc recommended GT was the best man for the job and boy was he correct!

GT took care of this situation like if he was his own and I loved it! What a nice guy! When he received the upper and barrel, he told me the condition of the used barrel was okay but not great and insisted to hunt down a barrel in better condition. He got a hold of a brand new 9mm barrel made-in-Germany and made an unbelievable offer He also provided a high-quality 9mm Mainspring, high-quality springs for my meg-gar magazines, and ammo recommendations. Since this is my first luger, he assisted I installed the mainspring myself for learning purposes and indeed it was lol

With all that, the luger runs Magnificent. Very accurate, smooth shooting, light trigger, and no cycling issues. The luger feels and shoots like if it’s brand new!! It’s hard to believe it is 95 years old!! So much fun and I practically take it out every time I go shooting. I get so many compliments and I always offer people to shoot it. Always a good day with the luger. All thanks to Gerald. Seriously, you have no idea how happy I was when I first shot the luger after the changes

If you’re new to the forums and need direct help, GT is an EXCELLENT choice and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him! Great communication and Great timing. He truly brings the community vibe to the forums!

For the members, you guys should be proud to have him on your team

I do want to give an honorable mention to Jimmy Solomon for cleaning up the grips and fixing up the right grip as it needed to be trimmed. Grips feel amazing and I thank you!

I do have one more honorable mention pending and that is Eugene Lugerman, which currently holds the original magazine. The magazine was rusty and missing the mag pin. Once I get it back, I will update the post!

Thank you all and take care!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180305_021959110_iOS.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	71404  

Name:	20180305_022946048_iOS.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	71405  

Name:	20180305_023424058_iOS.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	71406  

Name:	20180305_023651062_iOS.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	71407  

Name:	luger.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	71408  

Name:	20180305_022122735_iOS.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	71409  

CyborgDokey is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 13 members says Thank You to CyborgDokey for your post:
Unread 03-05-2018, 07:07 AM   #2
Eugen
User

Thumbs up

CyborgDokey, thank you for sharing your story. We all like to hear stories regarding how the resident experts and talent on this forum are able to make a difference in our Luger hobby. I have been helped by too many to attempt to mention...including several that helped you.

'Hats off' to the folks on this forum that share their expertise and knowledge daily, and those who offer professional services to fix our Lugers, holsters and accessories. What would we do without them?
The following member says Thank You to Eugen for your post:
Unread 03-05-2018, 11:18 AM   #3
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

nice to hear - let me be the bad guy, shy or not, but a PM (personal message) takes the time from one or more persons when you could help out a dozen by asking the question on the forum.

Folks think its easier, sure, for you, but it means that GT or me or someone else gets 6 emails or PM's instead of just all being able to read the same question they had
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post:
Unread 03-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #4
milesc2
User

GT is the man! Let us know when that mag returns. GT is my go to for all mag related work.
milesc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to milesc2 for your post:
Unread 03-06-2018, 12:44 AM   #5
CyborgDokey
User

Will do but knowing Lugerman's reputation, it won't be for a while aha
CyborgDokey is offline   Reply With Quote