LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 05-10-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
rrengineer
New User

Default Newbie with Erfurt 1918

I bought a Erfurt 1918 around 1999 for $369 at a local gun shop. I was told it was a Russian capture as they were selling quite a few of them at the time. (should have bought at least one more) It did not look bad at the time, but not knowing anything about collecting at the time, I sent it out to be "restored". I was probably misled by the restorer because he told me the no-go gauge went right in the chamber. He talked me into converting it to 9X21 to preserve the original barrel. It never fed right, so I took it to a local guy in Los Angeles known for Lugers and Broomhandles and he re-barreled it and even put the barrel marking back on the underside. Yes, I know it's just a shooter now and it shoots great. I would like to get at least one original collectible Luger at some point in the future, so I am here to learn as much as I can. There is just one question I have. Does anyone know what the markings on the side of the frame are? Some I see in searching the internet, but I don't see the one on the far right anywhere.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0709.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	72412
rrengineer is offline   Reply With Quote