LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 03-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #21
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneider View Post
I'm wondering if I could pick up some the next time I'm in Italy and if I'd have some "splainin" to do to customs when I returned.
If you have the opportunity, then just mail a bunch to yourself and bring a few back too
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #22
luigi
User

FYI

Just rec'd email from Mec-Gar that their magazines should be available by the end of May/first of June
luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to luigi for your post:
Unread 04-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #23
GreyHammer
User

I normally would be reluctant to give away this kind of source, but ACADEMY sports in Charlotte/Concord North Caroline has their Fiocchi .30 Luger ammo on sale for 1/2 price: that's 14.75 box 50. I bought a 1,000 rounds because this is cheaper than reloading. Starline wants almost 25.00/100 for the unprimed brass.
GreyHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to GreyHammer for your post:
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #24
Curss
User

Do they have a website?
Unread 04-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #25
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

This might be relevant, but I don't see the .30 Luger listed.

http://www.academy.com/shop/CatalogS...51&N=813859367
Unread 05-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #26
WildKarrde
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithacaartist View Post
Unfortunately, it would appear the days of ordering ammo online are gone in NY state. The SAFE Act now requires a background check for ammo sales. It's a good thing I acquired rounds of .30 Luger before this madness was precipitated upon us. I think they're having trouble implementing the plan, as anyone with half a brain could have predicted, because this is quit a burden for any retailer who wants to sell ammo. Last time I was checking WalMart for WWB in 9mm, there was a little sign taped up to inform us that a pistol permit is required for purchases of pistol ammo.
A background check just to buy ammo!? Geeze... so glad I didn't move back to NY when I had the chance.
WildKarrde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #27
GreyHammer
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curss View Post
Do they have a website?
I know that the Concord and Kannapolis stores have the .30 Luger in stock and on clearance. The Concord Mills store had around 20 boxes on display Saturday, 5/3/14. I don't think that you can get this off the web. In store clearance, and I am shocked that it hasn't sold-out.
GreyHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #28
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKarrde View Post
A background check just to buy ammo!? Geeze... so glad I didn't move back to NY when I had the chance.
I'm not sure it's even up and running--I haven't purchased any ammo since last year. Some places used to ask to see a pistol permit when pistol ammo was purchased. Wal Mart was one that did. I'll find out if the regulations are being applied now and report back.

We don't need a list of gun owners, it is obvious now because many have signs posted on their front lawns "Repeal the NY S.A.F.E. Act". One of life's little ironies, in that there was such an uproar over the Westchester(?) County list of permit holders that was published. Now, those who do post a sign are revealing themselves as gun owners. But I guess in this case, it's a choice made by each individual, not imposed by others.

I've thought about leaving, but would need to prune many roots, at this point. Sad when the gov't makes it difficult to enjoy one's passion AND be near family and friends. Maybe I should have stayed in Texas 40 years ago, but then again, maybe somebody needs to stay in NY to resist/counter this idiotic legislation?
Unread 01-07-2015, 02:12 PM   #29
cneider
User

Bulletin: Mec Gar has blue Luger magazines in stock! I just ordered 2 and they claimed that they've been shipped.
cneider is offline   Reply With Quote