LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 11-01-2001, 05:22 PM   #1
Uncle Mike
User

Default Luger Prices

Hi,Has anyone noticed that the prices asked for pistols these days have no relation to "Blue Book" or other price guides.I recently have seen several pistol that fit the price criteria as mint;but in reality are good to very good condition.I call this the"better than new store".The dealer has a pistol that is still available as new and retails for $500.He now has it used and wants $600 for same.I saw a 1913 DWM Luger with a bad bore,grips smooth, with pitts and rust growing on it.Price $1300.I think these guys watch too many "Antiques Roadshows".While I'm on the subject if I had all the guns that Father/Grandfather/Uncle took off the SS/Officer/Paratrooper I could fill the Grand Canyon. Regards MC

Unread 11-01-2001, 10:00 PM   #2
Matt
User

Default Re: Luger Prices

It's been my experience that the Blue Book of Gun Values is low on the values of Lugers and other military firearms.

Unread 11-02-2001, 09:41 AM   #3
TIMOTHY CANNEY

The prices I've found vary a great deal depending on what part of the country you live in. I also agree that some people price their Lugers very high. The best place that I have found is at larger Gun Shows where there is competition for sales. I've had great success buying Lugers from both Ralph Shattuck and Simpson's. They allways have what I want and are fairly graded and priced. they have so many Lugers that you really don't have to shop too hard. My experience has been that if it seems too good to be true....it most certainly is with regards to Lugers. After all they are the most sought after gun in the world!!!!!1

Tim

Unread 11-02-2001, 11:05 AM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

If you think that Luger prices are all over the place, look at Ebay on their parts. Its crazy. Some guy in Canada is stripping down an artillery Luger for parts. He is getting good money for the parts, but I doubt they will be worth an artillery. The parts look in good shape so I guess that the artillery is also in good shape. He is getting American money too.

Big Norm