LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 01-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
funrs
New User

Default @ the range

Hello all. First time posting. I have a 1938 S/42 that belong to my dad. After he past away in 1980 I became the new owner. But being only 9 at the time my mom keep the gun for safe keeping. So going forward 9 years my mom gave the gun to me to keep. But was told that the fireing pin was removed. So the gun has moved with me and spint most of its life in my gun bag. And every once and a while I would take it out look it over dreaming what it would be like to fire her. Then put it back in the bag and go on with my day. Forward to last December. After having my brother inlaw living with us for a year. I like to thank him for getting me to fix the Luger. Him being in the army and being a gun person has given me the inspiration to get the gun back to the range. Now I like to thank this website to for the info I have found and use to get the gun back to shooting. So after ordering the firing pin and spring and the retainer. That is the right name I hope. I take the gun apart and install the pin and reassemble the gun. Pull the toggle back and release it then pulled the trigger and was rewarded with a click from the gun. Now having this gun for so long and not having it click when the trigger was pulled was such a rewarding sound. Fast forward to today grab some ammo and a few targets and headed to the range. After getting to my stall and hange the target and send it down range. Load a single round into the mag and put it in the gun. Pulled back the toggle and released. Ok no bang yet. Now this gun has not been fired in thirty plus years I' m a little worried what will happen next. So I take aim and pull the trigger. BANG it works!! Now I'm am so happy she works I go thru 50 rounds and call it a day. Like I've all ready said before thank you every one on this site for all the info to get this pice of history working. Now she been cleaned and returned to the bag and in the gun locker with the other toys.
funrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
tomaustin
Lifer X5
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default i'm sure you will have a lifetime of enjoyment with

a luger owned by your dad.........congrats.....tom
tomaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
funrs
New User

Thanks Tom.
funrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
spartacus38
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Suggest you use 115 gr FMJ Winchester in the white box.
Bob
spartacus38 is offline   Reply With Quote