LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-25-2002, 10:55 AM   #1
Bob in AZ
User

Default WOL Trip/ Falcon Field on Sunday

Greetings!

For those who are planning to visit Falcon Field CAF Arizona Wing Museum and Champlin Fighter Museum on Sunday. We will be meeting up at the CAF building around 11am. The drive over from the west side (Peoria) to Falcon Field is about 1 hour, but well worth it. Location of the CAF hanger is right on the corner of Greenfield and McKellips. Just park and come on in, I will be there waiting for you. BTW, we just had a name change to Commemorative Air Force. Most of the signs still read Confederate Air Force. Long story, I'll tall ya later.

There is LOTS to see at both places and memorabilia items for sale in the PX shops. (shirts, hats, pins/patches, etc.) I think our german HE-111 T-shirt just might follow a few of you back home. Group rate into the CAF is $3 each. Remember all the money the CAF takes in goes to keep the aircraft in flying condition. We are also about ready to start building a new hanger. Therefore please excuse the front yard if its under construction.

From here our group can either stay together or go over to Champlin Fighter museum as the please. This is located 1/2 mile from the CAF, just up and over. Don't forget to pick up your $1 off Champlin admission coupon from the CAF before you leave. I don't have any pull with Champlin so this is the best I can do with them. Admission to Champlin museum is $5.50 WITH the $1 off coupon. I'm sure you will find your visit well worth it. Remember to bring plenty of film. There will be TONS of beautiful restored vintage aircraft on display along with related items. Our time frame is open once you are at Falcon Field. One can spend several hours viewing both places. There is also a nice restaurant located on Flacon Field. You may want to get a bite to eat before heading back.

I hope you can all make the trip to Falcon Field. I assure you wont be disappointed. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Bob Pultz

Unread 02-25-2002, 11:12 AM   #2
Luke
User

Default Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for your efforts.

Unread 02-25-2002, 11:39 AM   #3
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Thanks Bob.!!!!!

Jen and I are trying to delay our departure so we can enjoy the full day Sunday without being rushed..!! As an option - if we miss our Commercial Flight - any chance that a member of CAF would be willing to fly us home in a WWII aircraft??!!! Heh, heh, heh.....