LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 10-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
MemphisRebel82
New User

Default 1910 Luger Value (Pic-Heavy)

Hello everyone. I also posted this over on firearmsforum.com but realized after I did that I should have brought it here to the experts first.

would really appreciate any insight anyone would have. For the background, I inherited this pistol from my grandfather who died about 10 years ago. I probably would never want to sell it, as I figure if he wanted it sold he would have done so before he passed away. Anyway, as best I can tell it is a 1910 German Luger. It is in the original holster and has what I assume to be the original German owner's name still written in it (last name Erdmann - see pics. I know this won't really affect value but its a neat touch). Also have two original wood bottom magazines and tool.

The Luger has a serial number on bottom of barrel and front of bottom of "3692d". This number is repeated throughout and so I assume all parts are original. There is one small chip on the wooden grip at the top rear directly underneath the safety. I have tried to take some good pictures but was using my iPhone and lost focus on a few of them. I am working with my insurance agent to try and work through some firearms values on my collection, however this is really the only antique that I own and so I am a little lost on the value. Thanks again for taking a look

Thanks again for taking a look. Any info that can be provided is much appreciated.
MemphisRebel82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts

Hi Matt, Welcome to the forum! It's not possible to give a meaningful assessment of value without more, and better, photos. In the meantime, $2,500.00 would probably be a reasonable estimate for insurance purposes. Regards, Norm
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
MemphisRebel82
New User

Norm,

Thanks so much. I will try to get some better pictures. Right now I am going through some of the Technical Information on this site and deciphering some of the markings. Really fascinating stuff. Thanks again.
MemphisRebel82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

I think Norm's estimate is right on.

Photograph the back of the holster where the maker's mark, army acceptance stamp and year should be.

Take your pictures without flash, outdoors and using indirect (shaded) light. Use a digital camera with a closeup mode and use a tripod to get things steady.

Don't store your Luger or the magazines in the holster. It can cause corrosion and finish deterioration as the chemicals in the leather affect the metal and bluing.

Do numbers on the bottom of the magazines match the gun's serial number?

Marc