LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-24-2002, 11:39 AM   #1
Dale B. Jones

Default 1920 DWM Police Sneak Magazine

I went to the CADA show at Pheasant run with my 1920/29 Police Sneak Luger. I have an aliminum base magazine with the same ser. # as the Luger. I was told that the magazine that I have is not the right one for the gun even though the numbers matched.

Is this true and if so what type of magazine is correct?

Unread 03-24-2002, 11:42 AM   #2
Dale B. Jones

Default Re: 1920 DWM Police Sneak Magazine

The magazine that I have is stamped Eagle L if that makes a difference.

Unread 03-24-2002, 02:14 PM   #3
mlm

Could be a correct magazine if (a) it was manufactured for the pistol later than the pistol was made--I have seen this before and believe it is correct--your mag dates, in my opinion, from 1939-1944, (b) you have a pistol that is not a 29DWM sneak. I have seen late 20's-early 30's police pistols with E/6 Simpson mags, mags that have s/n's and no letter suffix, wood/alum mag combination pairs, renumbered mags, E/D (I am guessing this is early 30s), etc. Lots of possibilities might be correct. Is there a letter match to between the mag and pistol or is the letter missing from the mag?

dm

Unread 03-26-2002, 10:07 AM   #4
tom h

Dale, Police replacement mags are usually numbered with up to 4 LARGE digits and no suffix letter and may be of just about any type. They some times will also have a number 1,2 or 3 above or below the serial, like the EG made 2/1001 Schmeisser mags. Tom h.

Unread 03-26-2002, 11:05 AM   #5
mlm

Tom, the reason I mention the suffix letter as a possibility is that this is what is stated in Still's Third R Luger's. When I look at my police magazines, none has a suffix letter and none of Still's photos show a mag with suffix letter. Maybe no police mags have the letter?